• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Super Bee: Thoughts on this car for sale? And intro from Minnesota.

It's marked sold now, with a $53k price with a line thru it

Wow....82 posts.....well, 83 now :D Hope it gets a good paint job done on it.

"Fender tag is present Not original engine/trans No build sheet"

1970-dodge-super-bee~2.jpg

"Fender tag is present Not original engine/trans No build sheet"

View attachment 1515472
I dug out a build sheet on my 70 440 Challenger RT ragtop that I bought in 1980 to save when I decided to sell it a year later after my first wife hated on it so much. Didn't pay much attention to it until after the car was gone. It was for a /6 car once I decoded it! Dang it....

First post. Hope I'm in the right subforum.

I've been watching the 1970 Super Bee market pretty closely for the last 10 years, including lurking this forum's for sale section, but it's hard to get a real handle on value anymore. Sometimes solid stuff goes low, sometimes roached stuff goes high, for reasons that don't always make sense (to me). I'm interested in your evaluation of this car and what you might notice in the photos I may have missed. I tried to get a dialog going with the owner but he was kind of short with me and just said he'd take $42K as it sits or $65+ after paint, and I don't even know if the guy is a painter himself or what.

https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/95977048

My novice opinion is it would take another $20K if not much more to get this into the sort of condition that warrants $50-60K, and it still wouldn't be as nice as the yellow 1970 R/T that was sold here in 2022, or any the 383 stuff posted for around $50K the last few years. I do love the drivetrain, the interior seems nice, it has all the options I'm after, and if it were back to the correct HEMI orange with the black C stripe I might have trouble backing myself off the ledge. But I'm not after a headache where it needs more work far outside of my abilities. And as it sits with a non-original drivetrain, some questionable patching in the floor boards, and previous owner (not current) having done the body work, I'm not sure it could EVER be worth $60. Maybe I am wrong.

Set me straight.

Additionally, I am located in Edina, MN and hoping to meet some knowledgeable MOPAR guys. I'd like to finally pull the trigger on a 1970 Super Bee, and am hoping to find a community where I can get a storage slot and help you guys with your projects and learn more about the cars from you. My dad was a Chevy guy and I've dreamed about a 1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack car with an N96 hood, the pistol grip shifter and go-wing since I was a kid but have very little experience even touching these beautiful machines. I know enough to know what I don't know but I'm willing to work.

Thanks.
You'll find better examples being auctioned here:

https://bringatrailer.com/

Super Bee

Just go to their main webpage to setup an account and use their alert feature for the car models you want... they'll send you an email when one comes up.

Auto Transport Service
Back