• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 superbird 440

tmsdist

Reaction score
I bought a salvaged 1970 superbird burned need help checking to see if motor is numbers matching thanks tom

Tom, look at the bottom of the block on the passenger's side, kinda under the motor mount, and right above the pan rail. There should be a flat spot machined in to the block. The VIN should be stamped there. Naturally that should match the dash and fender tags

Tom, look at the bottom of the block on the passenger's side, kinda under the motor mount, and right above the pan rail. There should be a flat spot machined in to the block. The VIN should be stamped there. Naturally that should match the dash and fender tags

What he said, as well as the radiator core support and trunk lip under the weather stripping.

Daytona and Superbird wings are different. The Daytona wing stands up straighter.

Really? I thought Ted was breakin the hoods and makin the add on piece. But it's been years since I've talked to him

Back