• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 superbird for sell had a little fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's a tough call, rebuild or not? The cost would be astonishing, but, with such a rare car easily commanding over 6 figures as a starting point in selling, it could be worth it! ????????????

I heard that happened to all of Reggie Jackson's Mopar collection when his whole storage building went up. (15 or 20 years ago)

The ballast resistor still looks good. Start from there!

And Reggie Jackson was suspected to have set fire to his own collection to get the insurance money...

I believe it was "My brother's gonna kill us! He's gonna kill us! He's gonna kill you and he's gonna kill me, he's gonna kill us!
Hey man, just be glad I had fast reflexes!
My brother's gonna s*@t!
Make up your mind, dude, is he gonna s*@t or is he gonna kill us?
First he's gonna s*@t, then he's gonna kill us!
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it!

Think anyone would notice if we put the tag on some random Mope~!?!

No disrespect, sorry for your loss!

I would like to think that someone, some where would resurrect this 'Bird, and it rise from the ashes. but the cost would be staggering !

Maybe i can uses the cowl and just put a top and tail, with new floors and trunk, that may make everyone happy??

I do it, start with a good roof and floor section (which they sell) and work around it. The car need extensive metal replacement, so not much metal would be original when its done.

if you decide you're in over your head and no one wants it, just keep it around so you can say you own a Wing car.

Was there a fender tag or a build sheet for it before the fire, and is there any info from which options could be figured out?

Last edited by a moderator:
That car was burned about 15 years ago, been all around the world, I Watched it go through a savage auction in Mich a while back, good luck with that one!

Yes that is the EXACT car that went through IAA because I bid on it myself, although I would not pay the rediculous price it went for, however some parts could have been salvaged to resurrect another bird, that's what I had planned for it, was to sell parts that were salvagable. Newbomb

I wouldn't dare buy this car with out a hands on inspection and all documentation presented for my viewing pleasure,

If not done this way it would be kind like buying a "pig in a poke",

It would just way too easy to get "Burnt" on this one, no pun intended.

I wouldn't dare buy this car with out a hands on inspection and all documentation presented for my viewing pleasure,

If not done this way it would be kind like buying a "pig in a poke",

It would just way too easy to get "Burnt" on this one, no pun intended.

IAA is a big nation wide operation , you would get all the proper paper work or it would not be sold .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back