• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Superbird goes for record $1.65 million.

Damn, BJ knows how to sell them. 40 plus million total sales that auction.

dang-dirt.jpg

All that expense... and it doesn’t even have the Pistol Grip 4 speed and the Dana rear. :D

Buyer wakes up the next morning all hung over between two hookers and sees several empty Pepe Lopez bottles scattered around the room said oh my God I paid how much for that car!

Sorry guys, but, that's just to much for me to even think about. If I owned one, it would be for sale before they lock up the crazies in this world. Just my opinion!!

"I don't know what the bid is, but I double it" . . .

00000000 clint-and-lee 1.jpg

Is the Brooklyn Bridge still for sale?

And to think I passed on buying a Petty Blue one in 1980. :(

I remember trying to get a loan in 1982 to buy a 440 4 speed Hemi orange Superbird and being denied the loan when the bank loan officer looked at the car,and said that old ridiculous looking Plymouth will never be worth $4000.00! I hope the **** choked on a corn dog watching this one sell on Barrett Jackson for 1.65 million,while remembering denying my loan application!

Couldn't afford $6,000 for one in 1978, can't afford them now. Guess I'll never have one. :)

Watching the video I see a lot of incorrect details under the hood, you'd think for a seller trying to get maximum price he'd have made sure everything was right?
Wrong master cylinder, parts store battery, couldn't even put one of the Fram repro air filters on it? Anybody spot anything else wrong?

I guess buyers don't care so no reason spending any money making a car a "reference restoration" to get top dollar?

If only my car had a wing and a nose!

He only paid that because he never changed the engine mounts on one of those. :D

1985 past on a white 70 Superbird 440, auto that was sitting in a small dealer's lot outside main gate @ subbase Groton CT, $5000!! WTH was I thinking, or not thinking!!! YOUNG & DUMB!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back