• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Bonneville Lindsley Hemi Superbird replicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

1969daytona

Local time
9:21 PM
Reaction score
Whatcha think?

With the help of Gary Lindsley, surviving son of the race team and Patti (also a driver of the car), I was able to get a local graphics company replicate as close as possible the original graphics of the Superbird in its 1971 state...... The car was painted it's often seen Copper in 1972 with the big ole hood scoop in 1973.. I believe the car campaigned from 1970 to 1989 . It isn't perfect.. But what the heck. Currently looking for a parachute from the family..... and yes, I should put the white letters of the tires inside...

Petersen_Lindsley_03.jpg

Petersen_Lindsley_01.jpg

Lindsley_02.jpg

Lindsley_01.jpg

Petersen_Lindsley_02.jpg

Last edited:
That was the way to go! :thumbsup:

Very nice :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing!
Saw that car under Pete's ownership.

Whatcha think?

With the help of Gary Lindsley, surviving son of the race team and Patti (also a driver of the car), I was able to get a local graphics company replicate as close as possible the original graphics of the Superbird in its 1971 state...... The car was painted it's often seen Copper in 1972 with the big ole hood scoop in 1973.. I believe the car campaigned from 1970 to 1989 . It isn't perfect.. But what the heck. Currently looking for a parachute from the family..... and yes, I should put the white letters of the tires inside...

View attachment 1364557

View attachment 1364558

View attachment 1364559

View attachment 1364560

View attachment 1364561
Very cool, nice job

Yeah, white letters gotta go agreed... maybe some nice fat redlines? :)

I think you should observe our rules here and place a WTB advertisement in the appropriate place. View attachment 1365912
Not sure what the heck you are talking about.. I have been coming here for years. I'm not placing a "wanted ad" or asking anyone on here for a parachute. It was a statement,,, that, I, have been in contact with the surviving members of the Lindsley family and THEY are looking for the parachute for me......

Not sure what the heck you are talking about.. I have been coming here for years. I'm not placing a "wanted ad" or asking anyone on here for a parachute. It was a statement,,, that, I, have been in contact with the surviving members of the Lindsley family and THEY are looking for the parachute for me......
Just goes to show you, there's always that one percent. I hope you find that chute.

Not sure where the heck this thread is going, but I was just sharing my work on duplicating the 1970 graphic scheme on my Hemi Superbird as a Bonneville Salt Flat racer and the fact that original family is looking for the chute the car had......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back