• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Cuda Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotrod98

Local time
12:41 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I' think I've found a Superbird to buy so this one has to go.
This car started out life as a 318 1971 Barracuda Gran Coupe. I transformed it into a Cuda about nine years ago. It had very little rust in the car. This car has been here in the south all of it's life.
It now has a 340 with a 4-speed. The car has the following...340 engine with correct air cleaner, MP valve covers, Gilled fenders, bulge hood, hood pins and brackets, leather interior, GC woodgrain inserts on doors, GC bezel, all gauges work, GC OH console, Tuff wheel, 4-speed Console, Cuda emblems on new door panels, factory original rear window louvers, gull wing, cuda rocker moldings, cuda tail moldings, Flowmaster exhaust, 16" Hopster rims, Goodyear GS tires.
This car starts and runs great. With the 3.23 gears it gets 17 mpg on the freeway. It is the most dependable musclecar that I've owned. It still has the same spark plugs that I installed when I built the car nine years ago. If you want a car that you can buy and just go out and drive, this is it. We just drove it to the Branson Super Summer Cruise a few weeks ago in 96 degree weather with no problems whatsoever. That's a 500 mile round trip plus all of the cruising.The color is Tornado red and is slightly darker than the photos show. I have the a/c lines and late model compressor for the car. I took them off when I had the shaker hood off of my unrestored 71 Cuda on this car for a while. The a/c worked great before I removed it.
If you've always wanted a nice 71 Cuda but didn't have the 60+ thousand for a real one then this will work for you.
I'm asking $32,000 for the car. The car is located in Greenwood, Arkansas which is near I-40 at the Arkansas-Oklahoma border. Contact me at [email protected] or call Larry Roper 479 719-3872
More pics available by request.

Here's the pics

71cudaclone01.jpg

71cudaclone05.jpg

71cudaclone04.jpg

71cudaclone12.jpg

Here's a better pic showing the correct color and how the car looks with rallyes.

71cudaclone16a.jpg

Thanks. I'm really going to miss this one. It's the first car that I built for myself.

Here's another pic.

71cudaclone17.jpg

Man, if I had the cash...this car would reside in my Casa!!!! Under good care and love!

Thanks.
If I didn't want a Superbird so bad, I wouldn't even think about selling this one. My friends and family think I'm nuts for selling it.

Time is running out on my being able to buy the bird that I've found. If I don't sell one of my cars soon, I'll have to let the guy try to sell the bird to someone else. As long as I can still buy the bird, I'll take 28K for my car. If you want a very nice driving car, you won't be disappointed. If the bird sells, my car comes off of the market entirely.

Hate to promote another site, but in an effort to help you get your wingthing, have you listed this on FEBO and on Moparts?

Yes on FEBO...no on Moparts. I don't have enough post count or something to that effect.

where did you get that rear window attachment thing? it looks really cool on there

The back glass louvers are Mopar originals. They had been stored in an attic since the 70's.

Car has been sold.

Deposit has been sent. Shipping arrangements are being made.

It's the infamous "Black Ice" bird. I'm going to just freshen it up and leave it as it has been for the last 26 years and have fun with it. It's a 440 (now has a six pack setup on it),4-speed, bucket seat, console car.
The modifications are the black paint, custom air grabber hood, 17" rims and no vinyl top.

Deposit has been sent. Shipping arrangements are being made.

It's the infamous "Black Ice" bird. I'm going to just freshen it up and leave it as it has been for the last 26 years and have fun with it. It's a 440 (now has a six pack setup on it),4-speed, bucket seat, console car.
The modifications are the black paint, custom air grabber hood, 17" rims and no vinyl top.
so did you sell a car of just still hoping to ?

blackinces dc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back