• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1971 Dodge Charger - $16,000 b/o

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoparMike71

Local time
5:55 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
This 1971 Dodge Charger is incredibly solid in the floors, trunk, and frame rails with zero rot or issues. None of the usual Mopar rot in the floors and structural parts. The body has been patched and spot painted in various locations as evidenced in the photos, but it is a solid driver quality car. The worst area is the bottom of the front fenders, just in front of the doors, which I have patch panels for that come with the car.

I’ve owned the car for about six years, have put several thousand miles on it, and I wouldn’t hesitate to hop in and take it for a long road trip. It’s gone several hundred miles on single trips across the state without problems.The motor is a 318 small block with the 904 automatic transmission and drum brakes on all four corners, which have been fully serviced / rebuilt as needed. It is also a factory AC car, with the system totally intact and operational. I’m unsure of the gearing, but this was a plain Jane car from the factory, so the ratio isn’t great and it is not a Sure Grip / posi rear. Wheels are 15 inch Rallye in the rear and 14 inch in the front with newer tires showing very minimal wear. 58,000 miles.

The interior is in great shape with an NOS replacement dash pad, new headliner, new carpet and floor mats, and the original door cards in great shape. The seats appear to be from another Mopar and while the back is in great shape, there are rips in the front bench. The modern seat covers over the base of the front bench work well with the design. It has the Rallye style gauges and a modern head unit / speakers throughout that is Bluetooth enabled.

The vinyl top is in good shape for the most part, but there are areas where bubbling is evident underneath as is common for these, but there are no soft spots you can poke through nor any leaks into the cabin. Recent work includes a fresh oil change and filter, new shocks all the way around, a replacement four barrel carburetor, suspension work / bushing replacement, and many other miscellaneous repairs. It has a current inspection through next year and while it’s not a perfect car, it would make for a great driver or solid base for a greater build.

My plan for this car was to do a modern G3 Hemi swap with a four speed, pistol grip shifter, Sure Grip rear with the 8-3/4 rear swap, an original Superbee power bulge hood, and other mods. I started amassing the parts for that build, which can be available for an additional cost. In addition to a stripped 5.7 Hemi block, I have 6.1 heads, a forged 6.1 crankshaft, the 6.1 aluminum intake, a complete, NIB Comp Cam kit, and a 3.55 rear end for the 8-3/4 housing, complete with axles. The four speed is a 23 spline in great shape with two different tail shafts for the shifter position, including the Hurst pistol grip handle and a complete rebuild kit from Brewer’s.

Asking $16,000 b/o. More photos and a walk around video of it running are available on request. Thanks!

IMG_2853.JPG
IMG_2871.JPG
IMG_2856.JPG
IMG_2870.JPG
IMG_2854.JPG
IMG_2880.JPG
IMG_2710.JPG
IMG_2697.JPG
IMG_2885.JPG
IMG_2888.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.