• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Dodge Charger Six Pack Question

Kobrak

Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
So as some of you know I have a 1972 Dodge Charger 440 4 barrel car that came with a 71 Six Pack setup on it. The question I have is my car has the Cruise Control option. When I received the car, I noticed that the cable that would go to the carb was not hooked up. Does anyone happen to know if the 1971 Six Pack cars could or did have cruise? If so, any pics of how it hooks up?

My 70' has cruise and a sixpack and is still all hooked up and works. Sorry, I don't have a better picture.

100_1698.jpg

Ok, thanks much! I guess I better start searching on it a bit more. Looks like a nicely optioned car there 6PKRTSE!

Well, as far as I know, no six pack or hemi car came from the factory with cruise control (or A/C for that matter). Having said that, it's possible to hook up your cruise on the six pack setup. I'm about 3/4 of the way to doing that myself. The main thing you'll need (assuming an automatic transmission) is to fabricate a piece of metal that will allow the cruise control throttle cable to attach to the center carburetor.

Sorry PurpleBeeper, yes, I should have said it is an auto car. Center carb does make sense for sure. I'll check it out!

Sorry PurpleBeeper, yes, I should have said it is an auto car. Center carb does make sense for sure. I'll check it out!
It's not my idea originally. Search on this site. Another guy here added cruise to a 4 speed six pack car and I'm copying his work

Auto Transport Service
Back