• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 gtx body replacement

70 beepbeep

Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
Im having to try an find a donor for a 1971 gtx that a tree fell on what other bodys will be close is the satellite

Road Runner, Satellite and GTX are the same, outside that its making new stuff. How bad is this car? Post some pics (if you already did post a link)

20231108_173121.jpg

Factory ac and sunroof but i thought the 71 was a one year only for that body

Factory ac and sunroof but i thought the 71 was a one year only for that body
71 and 72 sheet metal is the same aside from the side markers, which can be grafted if need be.

Just an FYI, I'd do everything you can to save that factree sunroof as I believe that is ultra rare. Scott Rudge can fill you in.

Just an FYI, I'd do everything you can to save that factree sunroof as I believe that is ultra rare. Scott Rudge can fill you in.
Thanks Kobrak - yes, only around 32 sunroof GTXs were shipped to US Dealerships in 1971. Of those, only around 10 are know to still exist. This one might be a new one to the count. Would love to know what its original colors/interior are, and some of its major options to see if it is one that I have come across already. Definitely a keeper - even with the damage. It will take someone with some excellent welding and fabbing skills, but it can be done. A 1971-72 318/Auto Satellite would make a perfect donor.
Scott Rudge
Mopar Sunroof Registry
www.moparsunroofregistry.com

Last edited:
I have a 72 340 Road Runner that a tree fell on but mine was MUCH worse as it collapsed the firewall and put the steering column on the bench seat!!! That one honestly looks fixable with a donor firewall, door and roof...

Thanks Kobrak - yes, only around 32 sunroof GTXs were shipped to US Dealerships in 1971. Of those, only around 10 are know to still exist. This one might be a new one to the count. Would love to know what its original colors/interior are, and some of its major options to see if it is one that I have come across already. Definitely a keeper - even with the damage. It will take someone with some excellent welding and fabbing skills, but it can be done. A 1971-72 318/Auto Satellite would make a perfect donor.
Scott Rudge
Mopar Sunroof Registry
www.moparsunroofregistry.com
It looks all original nothing looks messed with jus been sitting in a backyard for decades crushed

The roof skin and structure and A pillar is 71-4 B 2-dr. Hopefully the sun roof can be saved and installed into a donor roof. That roof can be fixed. Need a 71-2 Plymouth door. Wonder what the jams look like?
That one took it a lot better than this one did.

20210707_080526.jpg

You can get replacement roofs for that from any 71/74 B body two doors… Dodge and Plymouths. 71/73 would be better due the diff location for the shoulder belt nut.

the harder part would be try to get one with the sunroof setup. 73/74 would be manual while that one is powered. Dunno if that makes diff aside just the electric or manual setup.

Definitely worth trying to install a new roof on the car and seeing how much of the sunroof assembly can be saved. 71-72 sunroof pieces are made of unobtainium. My friend recently sold the last one he had on the shelf.

How does the Cordoba sunroof size up?

Im trying to find out how many had factory ac n sunroof also but i know this one is rare it was true blue black interior

Auto Transport Service
Back