• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 gtx rocker molding

GTX Man

Local time
10:28 PM
Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking for information as to how the rocker moldings attach to the car. If someone has a picture of the hardware and the mounting that would be great. We are just getting the car back together after 24 years and we don't remember how it goes.

thanks
Scott

I believe they had studs welded to the rockers that plastic clips attached to and the moulding "snaps" onto the clips.

004.jpgView attachment 191671Mine has wide heavy aluminum ones that have screws that go right through them. Kevin

My trim is the heavy cast aluminum also. They have recessed holes in them and I thought that they screwed on. I just don't know what they screw into. I don't know if there should be threaded inserts that go into the rocker panel for the screws to thread into or if it had nuts on the inside of the rocker.

thanks for the replies
Scott

Just checked and there is no access to the backside to put a nut on the screws.

Auto Transport Service
Back