• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND 1971 Hemi 426 Prestolite Dual Point Distributor 4 Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manzolds

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:13 PM
Reaction score
Looking for #2875987 or 2875988, complete or core.

Do not need numbered tag, just need a unit to rebuild to current engine specs.

Thank you,
Jim

I have a 2875982 or 2875983 if that helps

Might check with member Halifaxhops as old distributors are one of his business lines.

I have a 2875982 or 2875983 if that helps
Hello Blewbyu,
First, thank you very much for responding to my post!!

Are these dual point Prestolites that you have?

I believe these are for a 440 engine but should fit fine on the 426.

I am interested, will be recurving to suit my combination regardless to the original application.

I just want the housing to look correct, internally other than desire for dual points, original application/timing curve does not matter much.

Thank you,
Jim
Manzolds

Might check with member Halifaxhops as old distributors are one of his business lines.
Hello AR67GTX,
I sincerely appreciate the reference to Halifax Hops.

I did speak with Ray, he does not have what i am looking for however.

Thank you,
Jim
Manzolds

If you are still looking I have an original Prestolite Race hemi dual point in excellent shape. I believe it's mechanical advance

If you are still looking I have an original Prestolite Race hemi dual point in excellent shape. I believe it's mechanical advance
Hello Road Grabber,
I appreciate you reaching out. I ended up buying a dual point original to a 1970 6pack 440 Charger. I am having is rebuilt, restored and recurved for my 426 by Advanced Distributors. Can you post a couple of pictures? Depending on your asking price, I may be interested. Sounds like the distributor to have. Thank you, Jim

Hello Road Grabber,
I appreciate you reaching out. I ended up buying a dual point original to a 1970 6pack 440 Charger. I am having is rebuilt, restored and recurved for my 426 by Advanced Distributors. Can you post a couple of pictures? Depending on your asking price, I may be interested. Sounds like the distributor to have. Thank you, Jim
My name Bob HormanI have 1971 Hemi Prestolite Dual Point Distributor 2875 989 if you still are looking for a Hemi Distributor. [email protected] IBS4017 C

Hello Road Grabber,

It just so happens I have a 70 six pack and would be interested in a trade of some kind if you’re interested. I will send photos soon.

The distributor is in great shape. Thanks

It just so happens I have a 70 six pack and would be interested in a trade of some kind if you’re interested. I will send photos soon.

The distributor is in great shape. Thanks
I am strictly a HEMI man. Don't own a six-pack car. I was keeping this distributor as a backup for my hemi car. I read you add needing a 71 hemi distributor and was just trying to help you with the right distributor Bob Horman

I am strictly a HEMI man. Don't own a six-pack car. I was keeping this distributor as a backup for my hemi car. I read you add needing a 71 hemi distributor and was just trying to help you with the right distributor Bob Horman
Hello Rob,
Thank you for reaching out. I just sent you an e-mail.

Jim

Hello Road Grabber,

I don’t see an email. What email address did you send to? You can PM me if you need my email.

Hello Road Grabber,
E-mail was sent to Rob Horman in post #8 above, he provided me his e-mail.

This is the e-mail I was referring to when I replied to his post.

Sincerely,
Jim

LOL

I'm sorry for the mix up.
Hello Road Grabber,
My distributor was already complete by Jeff at Advanced Distributors and on its way to me. It has been recurved to run with my 426 Hemi so I do not think it would do either of us any good to trade off at this point.

I do sincerely appreciate the fact you reached out to me.

Thank you,
Jim

I just sent you 4 pictures of my 70 HEMI distributor Bob Horman
Hello Rob,
I did receive the pictures, thank you.

My distributor has already been completed by Jeff at Advanced Distributors and on its way to me.

It has been rebuilt and recurved to run with my 426 Hemi.

At this point I will not be needing another distributor.

Sincerely,
Jim

Hello Rob,
I did receive the pictures, thank you.

My distributor has already been completed by Jeff at Advanced Distributors and on its way to me.

It has been rebuilt and recurved to run with my 426 Hemi.

At this point I will not be needing another distributor.

Sincerely,
Jim
Thanks for the update Bob H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back