• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 Options?

5150DodgeBro

Local time
2:49 AM
Reaction score
Hey all, tryin to figure out what my SE might’ve cost new. I don’t have a build sheet, but I think I got most if it figured out. Could use a little help on the rest. Anyone know what the following options cost new in ‘71?...

E61 383 2bbl
RT7 Leather Buckets
P31 Power Windows
C13 Shoulder Belts
C97 Trunk Dress-up
G36 Dual Painted Racing Mirrors
N97 Noise Reduction (Req in CA)

Thanks

Sounds cool.

Any pics?

try the hamtramckhistorical site

Hey all, tryin to figure out what my SE might’ve cost new. I don’t have a build sheet, but I think I got most if it figured out. Could use a little help on the rest. Anyone know what the following options cost new in ‘71?...

E61 383 2bbl
RT7 Leather Buckets
P31 Power Windows
C13 Shoulder Belts
C97 Trunk Dress-up
G36 Dual Painted Racing Mirrors
N97 Noise Reduction (Req in CA)

Thanks

The salesman pocket books will help answer your question. They show option and pricing.

https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/1971SalesmansPocketGuidesDodge-01.shtml

I had seen that site a few years ago and forgot all about it. Never owned anything worth diving so deep, but the way this car is optioned is what attracted me to it. Thanks a bunch!

Only one in my iPad

B0A2EDF8-36D4-46EC-A6A9-5D6971636FDB.jpeg

I am up over $5100 msrp, not including a couple items I can’t confirm like wheels & tires. Only thing I couldn’t find was the cost for C97 Trunk Dressup Pkg. Car still has it in really good cond with the factory carpet tags intact.

1971 Charger SE - Trunk Dress Up Was Standard , just like Concealed Headlamps Standard

It would have been listed on the broadcast sheet only from what I have seen

I have never seen it listed as an option on any other 1971 Charger Models

Hence no price option

Yeah I was wondering/figured that may be the case, but didn’t see that listed among the SE’s standard list. Thanks

Agree.

Nice looking and fairly unique.

Will you have it at Carlisle? I would like to check it out.

No sorry, I’ll be there but gotta peddle some parts to help pay for it!
I thought I had it bought a couple years ago. But a dealer swept in and waved the cash under the guys nose who’d promised he’d hold it for me. It had to pass thru another private owner’s hands til I had second shot at it. So, you could say I paid a bit more than I had initially hoped!

Man I really like that color. Very sharp car.
Appreciate the compliments. Admit I was initially reluctant because of the odd color combo, until I saw it in person. Btw, I had a Citron Gold ‘66 that looked just like yours back in the 80’s..my first real street/strip car. Loved it cause everyone thought my little 340 was a Hemi car!

Wow! What a nice car! Not a huge fan of 3rd gen SEs, but 71s could be an exception depending on what it gets down the hood!

Would be nice it was a 383Magnum, shame is 2bbls. Still a NICE car.

Auto Transport Service
Back