• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Classic Industries Tail Light lenses

Robliepse

Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the aftermarket tail light lenses that are sold by Classic Industries. They are somewhat expensive but about half the price of some of the NOS ones you can find on line. Mine are OK but they have room for improvement.

I don't have experience with them, but, I was thinking if your lenses are not cracked or chipped or pitted, why not just clean and polish them? I did that on my 73 lenses they just were coated with a layer of crud and yellowed and I polished them by hand with some rubbing compound then a nice wax to buff them up to a nice shine and they came out real nice.

Before
IMAG0145crop.jpg

After
20140521_172911crop.jpg

If you notice after I polished them, you can now see the reflections on the inside of the housing versus the cloudy state they were in before.

I bought the "chrome" trim ones for my 66 satellite, they are quite nice. Expensive but the car has such a perfect body and paint that I just couldn't go with used.

check out PG classic as well

Thanks, mine are pitted to bad to restore. I’ll check with these other sources before I pull the trigger

IIRC all three sources listed above are actually the same MFG.

IIRC all three sources listed above are actually the same MFG.

No PG has no part numbers/original stampings but Mike's do . Deal with BEA. Others make lenses from a resin and melt in the sun...

Auto Transport Service
Back