• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Satellite - Interior Info required

MFP

Local time
4:06 AM
Reaction score
Hi , I'm based in the u.k and have just purchased my first Plymouth ( 72 satellite b5 ) and awaiting the current state side weather to calm down to begin shipping
Looks like i may need a few parts so having looked all over the net and found a few places that don't cover what I'm looking for , i wondered if can anyone help point me in the direction of a good condition blue slapstick B/E body (same console?) centre console , and blue B body dash pad please.

Any info welcome , maybe someone here knows of another member who is breaking ( parting out )a whole car with the parts i need

Many thanks for taking the the time to read

Hi moparmarks many thanks for the info - i think the way forward is with a black repro console with a view to re colouring to blue

Cheers again mate your time greatly appreciated

Hi. If you buy a new dash pad, you're going to have to ship them your old one, so getting a full pad could get rather expensive quickly. What you may want to consider is buying a cap like this https://www.yearone.com/Product/chrysler-b-body/dca35340. I've had a lot of these cars, and opted to use a cap on my latest one and I can't tell the difference. You can feel a difference because the cap is hard instead of soft vinyl, but looks are about the same. These just glue on top of the existing pad.

I haven't seen many blue consoles. Lots of blacks and a few tan and green, but rarely blue. I agree with Moparmarks that you best shot would be getting a black one and painting. Matching the paint color exactly might be tricky, but the challenge with colored cars is there is often some differences between B5 Blue for seat covers, carpet, headliner, panels, etc., so it's tough to get a perfect match between everything anyway. That's why I stick to black interiors. Black is always just black. :)

...and once again (I should get a commission), herb's parts has Mopar specific interior paint in spray cans.

Dash cap looks to be a winner - big thanks for the link Bruzilla and paint tip YY1
As it's already been tried and tested I'll be ordering a dash pad , i may be lucky as the centre console lid could possibly be repaired with some plastic welding ....
Once the satellites with me I'll be getting some pictures put up in the photo garages section ...

IMG_1815.JPG
IMG_1816.JPG
Pics u asked for on 71 Satellite cowl trough

Auto Transport Service
Back