• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Satellite

Missurah

Local time
5:19 AM
Reaction score
I just picked up a 1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus, 318, rallye cluster, slap stik. I bought it from the guy who bought it in 1972. It came off the road and into storage about 1985.
I've waited my whole life to have this body style, since I had the Petty 43 AFX slot car. It was brown and tan, rather than Petty Blue, but I never stopped wanting this body style.

I have some questions to follow. I hope that the forbbodiesonly.com community can help out!.

Welcome! Let’s see that bad boy!

A wealth ok knowledge here just ask! And pics go a long way.... Welcome

Welcome from central Illinois and another A/FX fan!!

roadrunnerRedBlu3.jpg

Welcome from Nebraska from a 72 satellite sebring owner.
They are great cars!
...I had the 73 petty charger AFX

Welcome from western NY!
Pics, pics, pics please…
We’re all a little lost without ‘em.:lol:

Greetings from northern Michigan.

Sounds like an awesome find. And it would be sacrilege to not have a Petty slot car if you owned an AFX track :thumbsup:

Welcome from Missouri!!

welcome to FBBO

I just picked up a 1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus, 318, rallye cluster, slap stik. I bought it from the guy who bought it in 1972. It came off the road and into storage about 1985.
I've waited my whole life to have this body style, since I had the Petty 43 AFX slot car. It was brown and tan, rather than Petty Blue, but I never stopped wanting this body style.

I have some questions to follow. I hope that the forbbodiesonly.com community can help out!.
The quarters were replaced back in the late 80s per the owner. The work is mediocre, but the car has not been on the road since the quarters were done. Since I have boxes of parts, I've been re-assembling it "as is" to see what's missing.. I'll take more pics of that. I have the interior put back . Putting the front end on next.

72.jpg

The quarters were replaced back in the late 80s per the owner. The work is mediocre, but the car has not been on the road since the quarters were done. Since I have boxes of parts, I've been re-assembling it "as is" to see what's missing.. I'll take more pics of that. I have the interior put back . Putting the front end on next.

View attachment 1333206
The floors are completely dry and I can find no sign of collision anywhere.

How exciting man. And sounds like you're the 2nd owner? It's like a revival, restoration and bucket list item all in one :thumbsup: Go get it!

How exciting man. And sounds like you're the 2nd owner? It's like a revival, restoration and bucket list item all in one :thumbsup: Go get it!
Yes 2nd owner. I never thought of it as a bucket list item, until now. I'll use that as a way to sell my wife on the idea when she sees it in the shop.

Yes 2nd owner. I never thought of it as a bucket list item, until now. I'll use that as a way to sell my wife on the idea when she sees it in the shop.
Glad I could help! :rofl:

Auto Transport Service
Back