• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 charger seat interchange and seat cover experience.

FabianC18

Local time
2:21 AM
Reaction score
hello everyone,
Hope you had a great weekend. I bought a 73 charger this week that definitely needs a new driver seat. I try to stay on a budget and hope to find a usable replacement for now. I saw on FB a pair of green bucket seats from a 72 Colt. I know a colt is more a Mitsubishi then a Mopar but the look actually pretty good and the color would match too. Did anyone ever try to fit a colt seat in a 73 charger? I also did some more research about seat covers after i started this conversation, please read further down.
Here are some pictures of the seats. Last picture shows one of the colt seats.

IMG_0274.jpeg

IMG_0275.jpeg

IMG_0328.png

Last edited:
Is the top tore up or just the seat bottom?

that’s actually a good question. I bought the charger last week and get it delivered hopefully by the end of the week. I don’t even know how the rest of the seat looks like. Seller just said it needs to be redone and I have this picture. If I’m lucky it’s just the bottom. That would be a plus. I didn’t even think about that.

Foam and covers are available so I would hold off on replacements until have it.

I will definitely wait before I buy something and see how the rest of the seat looks like.
The seat covers are available but they are almost 1000 bucks, not including the foam

I just did more research on seat covers. Just for the front seats, Classic Ind., Year One and Legendary int. ask around 1000 bucks.
I found three websites (Mopar Plus, PG Classic and Josh`s Muscle Car Parts) where I could get the front seats AND the rear seat for under 600 bucks.
Did anybody every buy from one of these guys? Any experience? I don`t think any of those vendors makes those covers themselves, they probably buy it all form the same supplier, what do you guys think?

7706-BUK 1972-73 Charger and Roadrunner Front Bucket Seat Rear Bench

7706-BUK-C 1972-73 Charger, Roadrunner, Satellite Front Bucket Rear Bench Seat Cover Set

7706-BUK-100 1972-73 Charger, Roadrunner, Satellite Front Bucket Seat Rear Bench

I will most likely just show them to our local upholstery guy and see what he can do. As long as it looks good and is good quality, I don`t care if its the original seat cover or custom.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back