• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Dodge Charger SE Brougham! Resto-mod project

Local time
10:57 PM
Reaction score
I recently bought a 1973 Dodge Charger SE Brougham. I am hoping to get it as my first car (I'm 13). I will be fixing it up with my Dad. It is in very excellent condition. It has been an AZ car since 1973.

We are now the 3rd owner of it.

Background info: Original owner's wife ran the original motor dry. No oil changes, no oil checks, or any fluids were put in the car. The original owner bought a 74 that had been rear-ended and did a motor swap. 400 for a 400. Still has the stock 727 auto - 3 speed. Has been repainted, but clear-coat is fading.
1973 Dodge Charger SE Brougham 2.jpg
1973 Dodge Charger SE Brougham 3.jpg
1973 Dodge Charger SE Brougham 4.jpg
1973 Dodge Charger SE Brougham 5.jpg
1973 Dodge Charger SE Brougham 6.jpg
View attachment 175960

Car is at the electrician to have some rewiring done. A wire melted causing there to be no electricity to the cab. Will be posting pics as the build continues, along with interior pics when I get the car back

Great car and great find. I have one of those and they have an awesome body style. I just want to say that its great to see someone so young being into old school Mopars. Good luck with your build. Looking forward to the build thread.

That AZ sunshine is a blessing for sheetmetal and a curse on interior and rubber parts. Here's a tip from an old dude that lived in the AZ desert for 25 years: do NOT attempt to revitalize your shrunken, scabby, sun-beaten soft parts (I mean the CAR's shrunken scabby parts) with Armor-All. That stuff will warp and distort everything it touches and make it useless. Congratulations on the Charger young man, it looks like you found a good one.

Awesome dude, Ill be 13 in april, I have a 1968 dart and 68 roadrunner to be my first car also, that's cool, I thought I was the only one. lol. keep on posting your progress.

Great find! You'll have fun with that car. Congratulations. Very cool.

13.... you lucky dog, nice car. More info please, love to hear your plans for the Charger. I really liked the one they did on Counting Cars "sweet". Good luck

Take you're time... buy a beater to get around in while you do you're charger so you don't hurry to drive some thing the day you get licenced... soak every non metal part in maguires products so less stuff breaks from being old and dry... take tons of pics because it may be years before 're assembly Mark and box up stuff in groups so less gets lost be tidy and you'll have a good life long project... a father and son project is great.... bring in some buddy's and watch the problems arise.... the fun for me is building a beater car from all the parts left over from my investment car that's perfect.

very nice car to start off with! won't take much to make that a sweet driver. and no real rust to deal with you are so far ahead of where most young folks have to start of at! keep at it and good luck!

Awesome, my first car, when I was 18 way back in 1990, was also a '73 Charger SE Brougham. The one I had was super blue with black vinyl top and blue interior. The 400 was long gone when I got it. Someone dropped in a '69 440 into it which, I still have. I wish I kept that car. It was Ziebarted early in its life so, it was a pretty solid car.

Looks like you have a NICE solid car to start with. You may try a body shop to wet sand and buff and see if the paint comes back
But 100% agreement on the soft stuff. Replace what you can when you can.
I have a 67 and a 73SE. Had a 73 SE NEW back in the day.
Need help and advise, just shout.
Thanks what we're here for.
Congrads again!
Bob/Syracuse, NY

Charger Front.jpgCharger Front 2.jpgCharger LH.jpg

Sorry, for some reason I couldn't load them via PM, so here are some pictures as requested. If you need any help please sing out. There is a ton of experience on this site and really great people associated with it.

Great looking project, and Chargerjase thats a nice one to, Man one says hes 13, one says he will be turning 13, HOLY COW do i feel aged!

Wow...at 13 I had a Huffy! Congrat's! Besides the beat up clear coat, your Charger almost looks new. Have fun!

You sure can't get off to a better start with a car looking that good.

Thank you to everyone who is giving me advice! And if I need anything I know where to come.

Most likely will be painting it black. I love blue, but not on this car.

Chargerjase, amazing car you have! Thanks for the pics.

If anyone has some suggestions for the build, PM me or post it on this thread. Will be looking forward to your ideas!

Painting it black means everything need to be perfecto! :) It is a color that will show any imperfections but one of the coolest colors you can have!!, You just cant beat a black Mopar, even with a SB in it lol... Have fun and enjoy it!!!

Painting it black means everything need to be perfecto! :) It is a color that will show any imperfections but one of the coolest colors you can have!!, You just cant beat a black Mopar, even with a SB in it lol... Have fun and enjoy it!!!

SB as in small block?

Auto Transport Service
Back