• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Dodge Charger Small block headers

Texas charger 73

Local time
1:42 PM
Reaction score
so currently im running cheap Flowtech headers on my 318 in my 1973 dodge charger... I'm tired of them dragging on hard bumps and I don't want to have to raise front of car so it sits higher than the rear... i have been looking to put Shorty headers on instead... what shorty headers would you recommend for a 1973 dodge charger with a 360( fixing to swap out)?
I don't prefer TTI or Doug's because they are mucho expensive and even TTI long tubes have been known to still scrape the ground..

newsprings1.jpg
newwheels.jpg

so currently im running cheap Flowtech headers on my 318 in my 1973 dodge charger... I'm tired of them dragging on hard bumps and I don't want to have to raise front of car so it sits higher than the rear... i have been looking to put Shorty headers on instead... what shorty headers would you recommend for a 1973 dodge charger with a 360( fixing to swap out)?
I don't prefer TTI or Doug's because they are mucho expensive and even TTI long tubes have been known to still scrape the ground..

View attachment 1019646 View attachment 1019647
First off, good looking car. What headers did you eventually go with? Looking at headers for 72 with a slightly modified 318.

First off, good looking car. What headers did you eventually go with? Looking at headers for 72 with a slightly modified 318.
I'm still running the cheap headers,but I bought a pair of original 74 Doug thorleys from a guy on this for forum...his name is bill. I believe he has a few more sets

Auto Transport Service
Back