• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 GTX Firm Feel front sway bar.

Boydsdodge

Local time
2:34 AM
Reaction score
Hello. I have just received a front sway bar for a 1973 GTX from Firnm Feel. Has anyone installed a Firm Feel bar in a 73/74 B-Body? Any tips?
It seems that bars are ending in same location as the strut rod as the factory bar was located. The bar came with two brackets designed for shock bolt install, but these bars are much wider then the shock location. I am think I will have to hunt down or make some brackets and weld to control arm, but the location looks like I will interfere with strut rod.
Just asking before working for not because I missed the obvious. Also not getting through to Firm Feel doesn't help.
Thanks.

Did your car have a factory sway bar? I do not believe those brackets go on the shock bolt. Did you buy it from Firm Feel? No Instructions?

Last edited:
Did your car have a factory sway bar? I do not believe those brackets go on the shock bolt. Did you buy it from Firm Feel? No Instructions?
Yes Factory sway bar. Just got off the phone with Frank, I just wanted to clear up a few thinks before I start fitment. No instructions. I will let you know how this one goes.

Factory bar clamps to strut rod, does it not?

Factory clamps to strut rod. Firm Feel bolts a bracket or weld on.

Auto Transport Service
Back