• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Road Runner 340 4 spd for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph Cali

Local time
6:17 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Saw this car and trying to help the Owner John who wanted some help selling his car.

1973 Plymouth Road Runner 340 - 4 spd pistol grip car, nice condition. Body in great shape and repainted some time ago. Owner stated matching numbers and possible California car.

If you have an interest call John direct at 410-920-3020, car is located in Elton Maryland. He is asking $12,000

Ralph

Attachments

• DSCN0540.JPG
    DSCN0540.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 13,969
  • DSCN0536.JPG
    DSCN0536.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 3,841
Last edited by a moderator:
Sale Pending to me! I couldnt resist the pistol grip

There may be a Petty Blue 340 Auto coming up for sale now.

Yeah I know these cars are going to start bringing serious money soon! Look at the 71/72s
I think a runner equipped with a 340 and pistol grip is only heading up in value.
I might try to keep my blue 340 auto for my son but hes only 6 months old now..

dig that color...GLWP(purchase)

Last edited:
I might try to keep my blue 340 auto for my son but hes only 6 months old now..

Trust me - it goes fast. The picture below if of me and my son in 1997. (Also a more recent one of our cars temporarily "stacked up".) I have now given the 73 Road Runner to him. I was my first car and now it's his first car. He absolutely loves it. Yeah, it sees rain and door dings, but those are love marks! The only way to bond with a vehicle is to use it...

Attachments

• Hawk_Brad.jpg
    Hawk_Brad.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 2,770
  • 20111122_1038.jpg
    20111122_1038.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 2,814
Thats cool your inspiring me to keep the blue one for my son (although my first car was a 68 coronet 4 door) and yes the only way to enjoy these cars is to use em..Thats why I like 73s so much I dont have to spend forty grand for a nice example! Therefore I drive mine all the time..

hsorman, glad to see you have passed on the affection of American muscle to the next generation. Without that it is an affection destined to die to cheap imports.

Looks like my financing fell through (interest rate far too high!) someone should buy this beauty! great car and seller is a real nice guy.

Roadrunner

Thats a Sharp Looking car... I hope it goes to a good home who can appreciate it..:VB toast:

hsorman, glad to see you have passed on the affection of American muscle to the next generation. Without that it is an affection destined to die to cheap imports.

Agree completely. I have spent 17 years brainwashing him, so he looks down on any front driver :headbang:. My son has challenged me to a drag race this year - his modified 73 slap stik against my unrestored 80,000 mile 70 383 4 speed. Should be fun, regardless of what happens!

When I would take my 73 to car shows, I put a sign in the window that said "It is OK to touch this car". It was funny to see people's reactions. Many looked around like they were on candid camera, then used one finger to tough the car, almost like they were expecting it to blow up or something. When kids took gave the car some extra attention, I told them to try out the driver's seat - most seemed to really enjoy it. You never know when you might make a real impact on some kid...

(By the way, I NEVER had anyone treat my car with anything other than respect. As a matter of fact, because of the sign, I think people were extra careful!)

Hawk

hsorman........that's very nice to hear. I will do the same. Let all kids get in a check it out up close....maybe I too can help get the next generation interested in these iron beast that once owned the streets.

Please call the owner on the original thread

thanks Ralph

if I had money, I'd be dialing right now... awesome color, awesome car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back