• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Charger wheel lip moldings - NOS or reproduction?

74ChargerSE440

Local time
1:40 PM
Reaction score
I looking for NOS wheel lip moldings. Do you actually see or feel any difference between NOS and reproduction wheel lip moldings.
- Is there a part no# on the moldings?
- Any quality differences?
- Worth the many to buy NOS?
- How do reproductions fit?

Any photo of any difference? What do you experts advice?
- Where to buy the best reproductions and why?

1974_dodge_charger_1974_dodge_charger_e9727052-36b3-47a7-b3d6-8183ce5ed540-aHpDAp-21856-21856-...jpg

I bought and installed some reproduction wheel opening moldings on my 74 Charger a couple of years ago. There is a difference in comparing them to an original molding see photos. Mine are the OER brand and look good but appear slightly wider and flatter. If you are replacing an entire set, then no one would notice the difference. My photos show the repro ones installed on car and me holding an original for comparison.
Terry W.

Wheel Trim 1.jpg

Wheel Trim 2.jpg

I bought and installed some reproduction wheel opening moldings on my 74 Charger a couple of years ago. There is a difference in comparing them to an original molding see photos. Mine are the OER brand and look good but appear slightly wider and flatter. If you are replacing an entire set, then no one would notice the difference. My photos show the repro ones installed on car and me holding an original for comparison.
Terry W.

View attachment 1438106

View attachment 1438107
Wow... didn't expect so much difference. Thanks for sharing! I really appreciate that. I just need 1 (rear right) molding, so I will look for a NOS one then.

Where did you buy these reproductions?

I bought these OER ones from out of California. I believe it was from Classic Industries as the label has a California shipping address.
Terry W.

Auto Transport Service
Back