• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1977 Cordoba 400 Edelbrock 4brl 1906 - LB delete

We have finally had some nice weather to work and test drive. I installed the 73-37 M-rods, test drove and then adjusted the idle for max vacuum/idle and test drove again. I took it for a long test drive. The soot is gone, no black smoke when accelerating, and no flooding out. It is running nice and smooth with smooth acceleration. The only thing I noticed and that is a video on Edelbrock is that it doesn't seem to be shifting to passing gear when you put it to the floor. I will have to look on how to adjust that correctly. I was told by the previous owner that the trans was recently rebuilt. Will see how that goes...

Oh yeah, I had a new Charger challenge me at a light. If I would have had passing gear working right, I would have tried. He waited and came flying around me. I can't believe the attention this car gets!
:lol:

Last edited:
During my purchase of my Cordoba, I was told the Lean Burn was deleted and a new carburetor was installed. The breather has the LB module completely removed and metal tape is placed over the holes.

The Thermo-quad has been removed and an Edelbrock 1906 was installed. The car is running rich with black exhaust tip and black mark on the gargage floor. When it first starts, it lopes and revving it up seems to make it idle fine. On the road in my neighborhood, I have had it flood out to almost stall. I would throw it into Neutral and rev it up a bit and the gas would clean out.

I looked at several sites and 1906 seems to be sized right for my 400. Yesterday, I watched a couple videos on adjusting the fuel mixture with the two big screws on the front. One guy said start at 1.5 turns out. Mine are only a little over a 1/2 maybe 3/4 turn out.

I adjusted the screws in a 1/4 turn and it seems to be running better but I havent taken it out on the road yet. I am not smelling all the unburned gas smell as before but a more clean smell as what I remember.

So I am wondering if I have the correct size metering rods and was the LB delete done correctly? I have had now 2 times it load up with gas while driving to the point of flooding and almost stalling out. The electric choke seems to be free and working properly but did not check it when loading up.

View attachment 1614433

View attachment 1614434

View attachment 1614435
Were you able to fix the problem?

During my purchase of my Cordoba, I was told the Lean Burn was deleted and a new carburetor was installed. The breather has the LB module completely removed and metal tape is placed over the holes.

The Thermo-quad has been removed and an Edelbrock 1906 was installed. The car is running rich with black exhaust tip and black mark on the gargage floor. When it first starts, it lopes and revving it up seems to make it idle fine. On the road in my neighborhood, I have had it flood out to almost stall. I would throw it into Neutral and rev it up a bit and the gas would clean out.

I looked at several sites and 1906 seems to be sized right for my 400. Yesterday, I watched a couple videos on adjusting the fuel mixture with the two big screws on the front. One guy said start at 1.5 turns out. Mine are only a little over a 1/2 maybe 3/4 turn out.

I adjusted the screws in a 1/4 turn and it seems to be running better but I havent taken it out on the road yet. I am not smelling all the unburned gas smell as before but a more clean smell as what I remember.

So I am wondering if I have the correct size metering rods and was the LB delete done correctly? I have had now 2 times it load up with gas while driving to the point of flooding and almost stalling out. The electric choke seems to be free and working properly but did not check it when loading up.

View attachment 1614433

View attachment 1614434

View attachment 1614435
Where do you connect the electric choke to?

Auto Transport Service
Back