• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1978 Dodge D-300 440 Dually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y07Roadrunner

Local time
3:05 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
1978 Dodge D300 dually for sale. This vehicle will be at the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals this weekend. I really want to sell it!! Asking $9,000/obo.

FACTORY OPTIONS:
Clubcab model with rear jump seats & optional 8-foot Sweptline bed. “Dyna Trac” dual rear wheel axle package with Dana 70 axle, 4.10 gear ratio & sure-grip. Factory 440 cubic-inch engine with 4bbl carb & HD automatic transmission. Adventurer SE package, Convenience Package, Luxury Package. Power steering and power disc brakes. Air conditioning (needs condenser), Tilt steering column, Cloth bucket seats with center console, Sliding rear window, Cruise control, 10,000lb tow hitch, Upgraded chrome mirrors, dual gas tanks with dash selector switch (both work!), Chrome rear step bumper, Monotone paint package “Canyon Red Sunfire metallic” (repainted at least once).

FEATURES:
Tri-Y headers, new custom dual exhaust with stainless mufflers
Holley 4bbl Carb with electric choke
Edelbrock Performer 440 intake
Extra-capacity deep transmission pan
Rear gears changed to 3.73
New U-joints
New motor mounts
6 New tires
Drop-in bedliner
Nice stereo with blue-tooth, aux input, CD changer, remote control, great sounding speakers

RECENTLY REPLACED:
High-flow 4-inch air filter
Fresh oil change with synthetic 10w40 and K&N filter
Dimmer switch
Headlight switch
PS box
PS hoses
Front end alignment
All 6 tires balanced
New master cylinder/Brake system power-flushed & replaced with fresh fluid
Upper and lower rad hoses
180-degree thermostat
All heater hoses & clamps
Fresh extended-life antifreeze with Redline “water wetter” additive
New fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel line (fuel line wrapped in high-heat protective sleeving)
New drivers-side seatbelt assembly
Auto Meter performance gauges
New Group 27 battery
New 2-gauge batt cables

INCLUDED IN SALE:
Parking brake pedal assembly
Factory service manual with incredibly rare 1978 truck supplement

This rig is dead-nuts reliable. Starts easily, idles nicely, and runs & drives like a 1-ton truck! True mileage is unknown: Odometer says 14k, title says 130k. I was told the engine was rebuilt prior to me getting it, but I cannot prove it. It certainly doesn't run like a 130K engine! Drips a little fluid after sitting, but nothing too bad. Interior is as original and perfect as you'll ever see on a 40-yr old truck! This is a true Cowboy Cadillac!! LOL

Come see this rig at Carlisle.

D300 1.jpg D300 2.jpg D300 3.jpg D300 4.jpg D300 7.jpg D300 9.jpg D 300 19.jpg

I’ll check it out at Carlisle tomorrow. If you’re on Facebook there’s a group called Tin Grille Dodge Trucks. Lots of traffic. Post it there too.
Would you consider selling the 78 FSM minus the truck?

I’ll check it out at Carlisle tomorrow. If you’re on Facebook there’s a group called Tin Grille Dodge Trucks. Lots of traffic. Post it there too.
Would you consider selling the 78 FSM minus the truck?
Thanks for the info. I’ll be there around 1pm or so. Let me see if the truck sells, bc the manual should go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back