• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1978 Dodge Monaco Windshield

crsgarage

Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
I posted this the other day but the post is now completely gone. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to find a used windshield for my 1978 Monaco. I know it and the fury were the same basic cars at that year anyway. Does anyone know of other years of cars (coronet etc) that would have had windshields that would fit the 1978 Monaco.

Thank you
Dwane

The thread probably got taken down because you should be in the sale forums if you are looking to buy parts.
A WTB (want to buy) thread is the place to start.

Call around locally for windshield replacement companies. Many of them can have custom made windshields for pretty much any car. For used you might look to a Cordoba for a replacement.

I posted this the other day but the post is now completely gone. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to find a used windshield for my 1978 Monaco. I know it and the fury were the same basic cars at that year anyway. Does anyone know of other years of cars (coronet etc) that would have had windshields that would fit the 1978 Monaco.

Thank you
Dwane
If your car is a 2 door, the same windshield fits all 2 door 75-79 B bodies, such as Cordobas, Furys, Coronets, Chargers, Magnums, Monacos.

If it is a 4 door, then the 71-74 Satellite, Coronet, 75-78 Monaco, Fury all use the same windshield.

Since they are glued in, they are a bit risky to remove. Do-able, but the lower is a bit hard to access due to the dash.

If you manage to find a windshield let me know! I've been looking for one for almost three years now. Other that a small chip is fine but, due to what I suspect is a bad spot in the sealant, it has developed a leak (a hard enough rain and water is pouring in) and no one wants to remove a 45 year old windshield without a new one waiting to go in.

Yeah, I had found them as well. Just wish they would make the 4 door version as well. There’s a lot more support for the 2 door cars than their 4 door siblings.

The good news: Someone actually makes it.

The bad news: I just called the local dealer and he says their system shows they're out of stock. However, he's placing an order with them this week and will let me know if they have an estimated stock date.

I need a windshield for a 78 Monaco 4 door also. If someone finds a source, please post!

Auto Transport Service
Back