• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st choice in restoration? Don't make me laugh

Loved your Casablanca story.
Wife and I are in Paris, France. Being good Canadians we took basic French in high school. Wife actually IS French, thus our presence in France visiting family. Despite what they show on the news, nobody over there actually speaks English.
We need to catch a train, quickly. We pull over a passerby, and proceed to prattle away in Canadian high school French.
He looks puzzled, and after a long pause asks in perfect English “Do you speak English?”
We nod yes.
“Good,” he says, “you speak terrible French “
He then gave us directions.

Lmao .... Talking of directions... I've cut and paste this from a message I sent to a really nice bloke over in New Jersey a few days ago... from the same trip to Morocco ...so, Im travelling on a budget and still trying to expand my school boy French , I exit a cheap hotel and ask a morrocan guy outside where’s a good place to eat? the guy points in a south direction down the road , I then ask him where would he eat ? The guy turns and points in a north direction and smiles , I went north on his recommendation and ate some of the best food on my trip - it was a very amusing moment.

Funny stuff. Reminds me of this

Auto Transport Service
Back