• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st drive in the Roadrunner

Basket case, I almost wish it hadn't happened. I got so badly sunburned on my forehead getting the car ready, the car show, and going to the drags the following day that I almost ended up in the hospital 4 days later.

QUOTE]

you ever sit back and think about some of the things we do for these cars and think WTF?

All the time, but what else would we do with our time, money, etc... :thinker: Time to see if I can get my new Dizzy and coil installed. Hopefully it will make it run better.

So.....7 1/2 months later, my brother-in-law and I got my new dizzy and coil installed. My roadrunner now runs like a Mo Fo!!! :tongue9: Eeee haw!!! I was surprised at the power the '65 383 has. I grabbed scratch in three gears without a problem. My b-I-l's neighbors were probably not to happy though :icon_fU:.

I still have quite a loud lifter tick so thinking about getting a cam and lifter set. Any suggestions? I want it to be streetable but with a little lope to it. I've also got to find a rebuild kit for the Hurst shifter as it is very sloppy. Can't go from 3rd back to 2nd.

Every little thing to make it better encourages me to keep it. Heck...my wife likes it so that's always a good thing.

Last edited:
that feeling when you're chirping the tires and the roar of the engine makes all the pain worth it!

Auto Transport Service
Back