• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 RR Dual Fuel Vent Line (Picture Request)

InViolet70

Local time
8:37 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, so on a 70 RR you have two vent lines. One that goes up into the trunk and back out in the frame rail. The other one is about 5” long and kind of hooks. I was hoping someone could supply me a picture of what the shorter line looks like on your car. I have the service manual and see the diagram, but would like to see it on an actual car. I am missing that line and plan to make one instead of buying the kit with both lines in it.

For those that do not know where to look, if you look directly at the fuel sending unit it is a bit above and to the right of it. If you can not find it then you have a California car or California tank that has 4 vent lines on the passenger side of the tank and that would not help me. Thanks for looking though

I think the '69's and '70's are the same. Follow the link and check page 6, post #102, then go to page 15 and check post #293, hopefully they'll give you what you're looking for. This is a very nice build that a member did, unfortunately he doesn't visit here anymore, but if you get bored, it's an awesome thread to look through. Wayne, dadsbee, has a great one also, wouldn't hurt to look through his thread also. They're both '69 cars, but much of the stuff is the same as '70 and great for reference.
For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

most here are well versed. Just make sure the lines in your tank are not swapped side to side for correct venting...
beerestoration2018 271.JPG
beerestoration2018 269.JPG

I think the '69's and '70's are the same. Follow the link and check page 6, post #102, then go to page 15 and check post #293, hopefully they'll give you what you're looking for. This is a very nice build that a member did, unfortunately he doesn't visit here anymore, but if you get bored, it's an awesome thread to look through. Wayne, dadsbee, has a great one also, wouldn't hurt to look through his thread also. They're both '69 cars, but much of the stuff is the same as '70 and great for reference.
For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration
This is very helpful! Thank you

Auto Transport Service
Back