• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st Paint on 64 Polara sedan

P O'Lara

Local time
7:06 PM
Reaction score
After 3 years the Polara got Anniversary Gold on the shell. Happy Day !! AG1.jpgAG2.jpgAG3.jpgAG4.jpg

looks awesome. Congrats

It's always a good day when your car get a new paint job. look great. I have been working on my truck for 3 years and half of it is in primer this week.

Thanks for that, I'm interested to know your opinion on the colour as getting hold of it wasn't easy-my guys use a brand called Standox, we don't get DuPont and those others over here, I know you guys won't approve but it's waterbase, 3 base + 2 lacquer. I went with that because it's what they're used to and were happiest with.What's the car in the picture?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks

Why is the steering wheel on the wrong side? Lol! It's friggin' BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks for that, I'm interested to know your opinion on the colour as getting hold of it wasn't easy-my guys use a brand called Standox, we don't get DuPont and those others over here, I know you guys won't approve but it's waterbase, 3 base + 2 lacquer. I went with that because it's what they're used to and were happiest with.What's the car in the picture?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks

Your car being 50 years old in 64, the colour choice is fitting! Does your steering wheel say Golden Anniversary on the horn ring too? Gonna be a nice old Polara for sure!
The car in the picture is a 64 Plymouth sedan and the colours are custom; Karat gold / Obsession red.

No, I don't have Golden Anniversary on the horn ring, love to have one. That custom gold on yours is really nice looking too. I just wonder about the 'accuracy' if you like of the Anniversary Gold-my guys got a mix code for it but I've seen shots of another Polara being done in England and the colour looks different. Also my 'new' colour looks different to my 'old' A.Gold (see pic), it can't all be ageing/differnt cameras, different light. The only other thing is there's 2 codes for A.Gold, one is for the 880 model but I'd imagine they're only a gnat's-whisker apartpolara lake.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Mr. B-ski, 'preciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey 5.7, it's an export model made in Windsor Ontario for England, Australia,N.Zealand or S.Africa. Here in Ireland it's the 'right' side and quite handy as the roads are SMALL.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's another RHD '64 in Australia running a 440 on propane and badged as a Phoenix. The Father/son drag team are
engine builders, you can see their stuff at St Mary's Engines .au, the Father runs a 60's 6-pot Valiant and the car on the trailer is the sons' 70-ish Valiant.The other car was the wifes' 318 powered Ford Cortina but I think it got destroyed
in a racing crash which she walked away from.d phoenix 2.jpgd scrap metal.jpgd pat n geoff.jpg

No, I don't have Golden Anniversary on the horn ring, love to have one. That custom gold on yours is really nice looking too. I just wonder about the 'accuracy' if you like of the Anniversary Gold-my guys got a mix code for it but I've seen shots of another Polara being done in England and the colour looks different. Also my 'new' colour looks different to my 'old' A.Gold (see pic), it can't all be ageing/differnt cameras, different light. The only other thing is there's 2 codes for A.Gold, one is for the 880 model but I'd imagine they're only a gnat's-whisker apartView attachment 247474

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Mr. B-ski, 'preciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey 5.7, it's an export model made in Windsor Ontario for England, Australia,N.Zealand or S.Africa. Here in Ireland it's the 'right' side and quite handy as the roads are SMALL.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's another RHD '64 in Australia running a 440 on propane and badged as a Phoenix. The Father/son drag team are
engine builders, you can see their stuff at St Mary's Engines .au, the Father runs a 60's 6-pot Valiant and the car on the trailer is the sons' 70-ish Valiant.The other car was the wifes' 318 powered Ford Cortina but I think it got destroyed
in a racing crash which she walked away from.View attachment 247483View attachment 247484View attachment 247485

Thanks for the info on anniversary gold, I am familiar with your colour. It wasn't what I was after for this build.

Congrat's! Looks sharp all dressed up in gold!

[video=youtube;UH01FhqMdc8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH01FhqMdc8[/video]

Thanks for the vid, prop wash, happy days indeed, happier still when the whole thing is reassembled and running.

Auto Transport Service
Back