• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 70 roadrunners on ebay, 1 is mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJRR

Local time
8:55 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I know that prices have dropped over the last few years, but i was encouraged when i saw this RR for sale on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970...9607857?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4851c67cb1

I've had mine for sale for over a year, started at $40k, dropped to $36k, so when I saw the action on the above car, decided to list mine on ebay too. Here it is. Wish me luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970...1597758?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item41712c38be

c41b_3.JPG

Did you happen to notice the feedback of the high bidder?Nice car but somthing smells a little fishy on the bidding.Not your car but the other one.

yes, but there was a bidder for over $30k with 86 bids, 100% positive. encouraging at least.
Did you happen to notice the feedback of the high bidder?Nice car but somthing smells a little fishy on the bidding.Not your car but the other one.

LOL, yeah i hear ya. I decoded the fender tag too. Not all original. Not an N96 car ( mine isn't an original N96 car either, just pointing it out.)

FACTORY FOG LIGHTS?...where are they hiding them?

Well both cars have options added but your car has better attention to detail. The 4 speed in the other car will win usually over your auto with most buyers. The dust trail really wakes up the side of the car on the other one too.I think a buyer looking for a 4speed with A/C will bypass your car, a buyer looking for the nicer of the two would go see your car. You may want to spray your rims the correct Argent color also before the sale.
In my opinion both aren't 30K+ cars at this time. Mean no disrespect just what I believe is correct in this market.
Ron

Yeah, it looks like the serious bidders dropped out at 30k and now it's kids or shills. It'll be interesting to see if any serious bids come in at the very end of the auction.

Ron- I agree with you. As a matter of fact, the only reason I'm looking to sell this one is BECAUSE I want a 4 speed!!!! My car is gorgeous and I have actually considered spending the $5k to convert it to a 4 speed, but it is still too nice to be a driver. I am looking to actually sell this and trade down to a 4 speed driver. I agree on the current market price that you mentioned, but you never know when that one guy comes along who wants the car you have. All about the timing.- Abe

Well both cars have options added but your car has better attention to detail. The 4 speed in the other car will win usually over your auto with most buyers. The dust trail really wakes up the side of the car on the other one too.I think a buyer looking for a 4speed with A/C will bypass your car, a buyer looking for the nicer of the two would go see your car. You may want to spray your rims the correct Argent color also before the sale.
In my opinion both aren't 30K+ cars at this time. Mean no disrespect just what I believe is correct in this market.
Ron

- - - Updated - - -

Wheels are correct argent too. Hard to see on pics.

Ron

Ron- I agree with you. As a matter of fact, the only reason I'm looking to sell this one is BECAUSE I want a 4 speed!!!! My car is gorgeous and I have actually considered spending the $5k to convert it to a 4 speed, but it is still too nice to be a driver. I am looking to actually sell this and trade down to a 4 speed driver. I agree on the current market price that you mentioned, but you never know when that one guy comes along who wants the car you have. All about the timing.- Abe

- - - Updated - - -

Wheels are correct argent too. Hard to see on pics.

Yep your 100% on the never know thing!!!
Putting it out there is the way to go, sorry about the wheels they just looked in the picture to be the powder coat color that the repro. wheel companies use.
I've always had 4 speeds except both of my 70 GTX's. The 6bbl I used to have was auto and sold it because of that reason and the 4bbl I have now is auto but it doesn't bother me this time.
Good Luck!!
Ron

by the time you take a hit and trade down, just keep the car you have and put a 4 gear in it. the reality of it is anything you buy you'll end up spending additional money on it getting it how you want it anyway. yours is a beautiful car but there meant to be driven. No disrespect but its ultimately a 383 automatic car, if it were a v-code or a hemi i would understand not messing with it.

and your car is way nicer than the other one!!

my thinking is along the same lines as what you wrote. i'm not going to give my car away. if someone wants to buy it for the numbers i need to make sense for me, so be it. if not, i still have an AWESOME ride !!!!!

by the time you take a hit and trade down, just keep the car you have and put a 4 gear in it. the reality of it is anything you buy you'll end up spending additional money on it getting it how you want it anyway. yours is a beautiful car but there meant to be driven. No disrespect but its ultimately a 383 automatic car, if it were a v-code or a hemi i would understand not messing with it.

Agree 110% . This is the third one i've owned. my first was a 70 Satellite vert, 318, 3 on the tree. drove that through 4 years of college. girls LOVED it, red with the white top and white interior. then bought my second in the 90's, also a red 70 Sat vert, auto this time. sold that to buy the RR i have now. i just love the body on this car !!!

best looking body chrysler ever made

Abe...I am surprised to still see it for sale!!! Really nice car and if it were a 4 speed I would have bought it last year when you and I first talked about it....but then again..if it were a 4 speed then you wouldn't be selling it!!

Good luck with the auction.

Mike

Ron

This is disappointing to hear. I was thinking about putting mine up for sale. Limelight 383 4spd car with non original big cube street hemi. Would something like this bring 40K?

You have a nice car I just wanted to make a comment I hear everyone on the pricing getting soft however I have been looking for 3 months for a 71 RR or GTX and people are firm I have cash and am not a BSer and have been screwed around twice and made an offer on a car on here that was pretty darn close to the asking price and the seller is firm if prices were heading down you would have a hard time proving it to me.

Hi Mike- I'm not desperate to sell it now, financially speaking and it's an awesome car even as an automatic. When I open up the air grabber and kick it down, the power pins me to the seat, so I'm a happy camper. Unless it's the right price, there's no reason to sell it. A 4 speed would just be a little more fun !!! - Abe

Abe...I am surprised to still see it for sale!!! Really nice car and if it were a 4 speed I would have bought it last year when you and I first talked about it....but then again..if it were a 4 speed then you wouldn't be selling it!!

Good luck with the auction.

Mike

I went though that once. Thought I was trading up, but then had to put new wiring, new brakes, new steering wheel, etc, etc, etc, and my old one was ultimately cleaner. I agree, keep what you got and do it your way. I'd go 5 speed route. Doesn't show, plenty of torque in low gears and low RPM on the highway with better gas mileage. You've got a nice car, love the colour on it too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back