• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2-doorr stainless steel roof rail hardware question

stat5

Local time
11:33 PM
Reaction score
What do the original screws look like that attach the stainless steel roof rails that are used for the weatherstriping on 66 and 67 2-door hardtop cars.

Thank you for any input given.

If they are similar, my 65 Belvedere uses a short round head sheet metal screw with Phillips drive. Probably 3/8" long. My rails were/are sealed to the roof with thin strips of closed cell foam also.
Mike

I can't tell you if they're original but these are what were in my 66 Coronet 500. All of them were the phillips head except for 1 hex head on each side. The hex were on the last hole down at the bottom of the sail panel. Hard to get a screwdriver in there i guess.

IMG_20231008_133316835.jpg
IMG_20231008_133429401_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231008_133541490_HDR.jpg

Thank you for the input and pictures it was most informative, the car I'm working on putting back together is a 67 Plymouth 2-dr hardtop. My roof rails had remnants of the foam on them, based upon picture I found the correct screws.

Auto Transport Service
Back