• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 intakes and 2 carbs: which combo to keep?

1966Belvert

Local time
4:01 AM
Reaction score
Good morning, all! Let me start with a little background. I purchased my 66 Belvedere convertible in the summer of 2021. It had the original 273 and it was the opposite of quick. One of my first upgrades was to replace the intake and carb. I went with an Edelbrock 2176 intake and a Summit Racing M08500VS 500cfm carb.

Fast forward to late last year. I noticed a coolant leak coming from the back of the engine. When I got it up on a lift, I saw a lot of J-B Weld. I decided it was time to look for a replacement. I found and bought a mildly built la 318 with 360 heads. It has a mild cam and it came with a Edelbrock LD4B intake and a Holley Street Demon 600cfm carb.

I'm still relatively new to B bodies and I'm looking for opinions on which intake and carb to use. Do I keep the newer setup from the old 273 or go with the setup that came with the 318? In either case, I'll be selling what I don't use, but that will be a separate thread.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Steve

Good morning, all! Let me start with a little background. I purchased my 66 Belvedere convertible in the summer of 2021. It had the original 273 and it was the opposite of quick. One of my first upgrades was to replace the intake and carb. I went with an Edelbrock 2176 intake and a Summit Racing M08500VS 500cfm carb.

Fast forward to late last year. I noticed a coolant leak coming from the back of the engine. When I got it up on a lift, I saw a lot of J-B Weld. I decided it was time to look for a replacement. I found and bought a mildly built la 318 with 360 heads. It has a mild cam and it came with a Edelbrock LD4B intake and a Holley Street Demon 600cfm carb.

I'm still relatively new to B bodies and I'm looking for opinions on which intake and carb to use. Do I keep the newer setup from the old 273 or go with the setup that came with the 318? In either case, I'll be selling what I don't use, but that will be a separate thread.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Steve
Leave the LD4B on the Teen. It's a great intake.

I'd leave it be, wouldn't be enough difference to be worth the work and if the 318 is happy now leave it be

Auto Transport Service
Back