• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$20 swap meet carb lmao

1967coronet

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:56 PM
Reaction score
Guy bought this at a swap meet for $20.00
He had it for a few months , wanted me to put a kit in.
Before I opened it up I told him it prob wasn't going to be good.
Lol.
I called him, he stopped, I now have a free parts carb :rofl:
20231122_145017.jpg
20231122_145021.jpg

Guy bought this at a swap meet for $20.00
He had it for a few months , wanted me to put a kit in.
Before I opened it up I told him it prob wasn't going to be good.
Lol.
I called him, he stopped, I now have a free parts carb :rofl: View attachment 1561773View attachment 1561774
And your comment/question is ???? Other than it's a Carter AFB carb with velocity weighted secondary air valves. The carb's ID # is stamped onto the front of the LEFT FRONT mounting flange ear.....like for example: 4294S. The date code would be ahead of the model #: example: F6. Replacement parts are readily available on line. Repair it......
BOB RENTON

And your comment/question is ???? Other than it's a Carter AFB carb with velocity weighted secondary air valves. The carb's ID # is stamped onto the front of the LEFT FRONT mounting flange ear.....like for example: 4294S. The date code would be ahead of the model #: example: F6. Replacement parts are readily available on line. Repair it......
BOB RENTON
Bob, sometimes I feel my IQ goes up a few points just reading your posts.
I do thank you for pointing that out capt.
The swap meet $20.00 carb was just funny to me. Sometimes you do get what you pay for....

Just rebuilt it!

:lol:
 LMAO

I think that thing was on a car sitting on the ocean floor or maybe off one of these...

Screenshot_20231122_182058_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Some times things are better off gone than trying to do anything with it. I know you dump it today and tomorrow your looking for it. Doesn't look like too many salvagible parts there.

Some times things are better off gone than trying to do anything with it. I know you dump it today and tomorrow your looking for it. Doesn't look like too many salvagible parts there.
Choke plate seems OK :lol:

When I buy one like that it is for $3 and yes the choke blade or a lever is useable. You'll never be able to clean those internal ports on that puppy.

I've had several (weber) marine carbs that weren't even that bad, most of the internals are forgiving, but I couldn't guarantee the accelerator pump bore would still work due to corrosion.

You have a lot of small chambers in the venturi that can be clogged and not cleanable. I have seen carbs with that junk in fuel chamber and if you flushed through the fuel jets no liquid would make it to the venturi chambers even with venturi removed.

At this point I would just chalk it up as a donation to whoever sold it to you.

Auto Transport Service
Back