• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2011 JGC engine mounts

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
Found oil underneath the drivers side on the driveway. No engine leaks, find the oil coming from the engine mount. Look at passenger side, yup, oil starting to leak there too!

Bought 2 mounts and figure it’ll take a couple hours. Yeah right! Found some videos on YouTube and gotta lift the engine but first, take off the intake manifold. WTF?

So I get the engine up thinking no way I’ll have take off the intake. BS! Take off manifold, belt and alternator per the videos. Book caa ad Los for 4.7 hours at the stealership. I’m 5 hours in it, finally got the divers side mount out, get get the new back in.

Been screwing with that part for 2 hours. I’m tired, arms are jello so I leave the engine mount and bracket int then tiny space, crawling out, they decide that gravity will win this round and the fall onto my forehead. That woke me right up, split open my forehead, cussing while managing to invent a few new words and called it a day.

01A1E669-BF17-4A96-99AA-5D31D6D42958.jpeg

586416A9-81C9-4EA3-B21C-6035A6E213B2.jpeg

I've done the same job on my wife's Durango and need to do it again... quite the pain, but I didn't have to remove the manifold.

Did you put in OEM mounts? I put in cheap aftermarket and they failed within 15k. Just called Dodge and the OEM are backordered with no eta.

I got them from Oreilly’s and they have a lifetime warranty. Heading back out to try and get this done.

As it was said in Monty Python's Quest For The Holy Grail, "Just a Flesh Wound". Good luck and I hope thats the end of lowering your blood pressure by leaking.

I hope so too!

Did it knock some sense into you ?
Sounds like a long process , at least your ok. How many miles on the JGC ? Mine is at 85000.0

88k on it now.

Total time was 10 hours. After fighting the drivers side mount, I started on the passenger side. Remove the alternator, and it right there, plenty of room, 20 minutes and the new one was in. Back to the drivers side and jacked the engine up as high as I could get and few new cuss words, 1/2 hour later, it’s in. Got the bolts started, ran them in with the air ratchet. Had to use my alignment tool (long punch) to get the hole lined up with the team mount and my son slowly lowered the engine. Boom, all lined up, got those 2 bolts tightened and then reinstalled the alternator, belt and intake manifold. Reconnected the battery and no CEL, engine is quieter, done!

What a hassle that was! If the engineer would’ve designed the mounts to bolt in from the bottom, you’d be done in an hour.

Auto Transport Service
Back