• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 13th Annual FABO/FBBO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - It's NITRO Burnin' Time!!!

Congratulations to 'Budnicks' (FBBO) for winning the 2023 season-opening NHRA Gatornationals Top Qualifier title with an oustanding total of 31.5 bonus points. He picked the #1 qualifier in Funny Car, the #2 qualifier in Top Fuel and the #4 qualifier in both Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle. He also picked up 3 bonus points when his Top Fuel qualifier won their first round of the Pep Boys Top Fuel All-Star Callout. Way to go!
'cuda20' (FABO), 'Duster79' (FABO) and 'memkike' (FABO) were right behind with 31.0 bonus points.

More great picks!

We have 13 players this week and 11 different driver combos made up of:
* 6 different Top Fuel drivers with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups. There is a possibility of two head-to-head matchups in Round 2 if all four drivers picks survive Round 1.
* 4 different Funny Car drivers with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups. There is a possibility of one head-to-head matchup in Round 2 if both drivers survive Round 1.
* 3 different Pro Stock drivers with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups. There is a possibility of one head-to-head matchup in Round 2 if both drivers survive Round 1.

* 4 different Pro Stock Motorcycle drivers with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups. There is a possibility of one head-to-head matchup in Round 2 if both drivers survive Round 1.

Good luck all!

Yea Ha !!!!

Happy Dance Carlton Prince of Bel Air.gif

my 1st rd of qualifying (O-fer) shitty picks, did 'sort of well'
after the fact & actually racing :carrot:
lots of upsets & people smoked the tires at the hit,
the right lane sucked (or is it just my perceptions ?, 1 lane track)

strange because they all tested there prior,
they all should have had a great handle on the track

JFR was out quick, John Britney Robert & Austin, 1 & done...

T/F Britney needs to work on her lights/reactions
& Grubby needs to get the car to not smoke the tires

T/F Steve Torrence raced better :thumbsup:
P/S Miss Piggy went out quick :lol: can't say it hurt my feelings any

P/S Aaron Stanfield went out early too

P/SM Matt Smith went out relatively quick, I didn't like that
but his wife Angie got to the finals, only to get beat by Chase V&H
(kid who replace Angel)

P/SM that sort of new kid on Vance & Hines's bike,
Chase did very well

I may have to rethink a couple of my locked in picks

seems like a lot of the youngsters did really well

F/C I was disappointed in Capps didn't go farther

F/C Matt Hagan car new wrap looks cool, car did well too

@ocdart
any Gators, eliminations finals points totals "yet"

did ya forget :poke:
or just busy

Congratulations to 'Outlawd' (FBBO) for winning the "Top Picker Eliminator" title for the 2023 season-opening NHRA Gatornationals with a very nice total of 128.5 points with a class win in both Funny Car. His Pro Stock Motorcycle pick lost in the final round of eliminations. His Top Fuel pick lost in the semi-finals, and his Pro Stock pick lost in the opening round of eliminations. He was helped with ET bonus points in Top Fuel and Speed bonus points in Funny Car.
'Nick2317' (FBBO) grabbed the runner-up spot with 112.5 points. His Funny Car pick scored a class win. His Top Fuel pick lost in the final round of eliminations. His Pro Stock pick lost in the second round and his Pro Stock pick lost in the opening round of eliminations. He was helped with Speed bonus points in Funny Car.
The top FABO players were 'cuda20', 'Duster79', 'memike' and 'Yunick13'. Each had a total of 101.0 points

Here's where the bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Doug Kalitta, 3.646 during Round 1 of eliminations
Speed - Brittany Force, 336.99 during qualifying

Funny Car
E.T. - Robert Hight, 3.843 during Round 1 of eliminationsl
Speed - Matt Hagan, 335.82 during Round 1 of eliminations

Pro Stock
E.T. - Troy Coughlin Jr., 6.515 during qualifying
Speed - Troy Coughlin Jr., 212.29 during qualifying

Pro Stock Motorcycle
E.T. - Gaige Herrera, 6.685 during qualifying
Speed - Gaige Herrera, 203.49 during qualifying

Here are the game point standings after the opening event of the 2023 season:

124.5 - Outlawd (FBBO)
112.5 - Nick2317 (FBBO)
101.0 - cuda20 (FABO)
101.0 - Duster79 (FABO)
101.0 - memike (FABO)
101.0 - Yunick13 (FABO)
95.5 - Back in Time (FABO)
83.5 - TT5.9mag (FABO)
81.5 - Budnicks (FBBO)
81.0 - johnnycuda (FABO)
78.5 - MomsDuster (FABO)
53.5 - alsant (FBBO)
32.5 - ocdart (FABO)

'stroked340' (FABO) was out of town and forgot to post picks but will join the game at the upcoming Arizona Nationals.

The 2nd race of the 2023 season, the 37th annual, and final, NHRA Arizona Nationals, is scheduled for March 24-26, at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park in Chandler, AZ.
As always, your picks need to be posted before Pro Qualifying starts at 4:30pm EDT (1:30pm PDT) on Friday, March 24.
nhra.com currently shows the following number of entries:
* 16 Top Fuel
* 16 Funny Car
* 18 Pro Stock
Those counts are always subject to change so make sure to check to make sure your driver picks are entered.

Pro Stock Motorcycle will not compete at this event.

Get your picks posted and GOOD LUCK!

Holy crap! I'm #1. I took a screen shot picture of this because I am very sure, without a doubt, absolutely positive that I with never hold the #1 spot again. I will drop faster than a prom dress, lol.

Sorry I missed it, guys. Got caught up in taking a spring break trip and was off line for a week. We put 3400 miles on our new Jeep while visiting the Wellborn and Petty museums and the Outer Banks of NC. Maybe I'll join in for the next race.

Here's your Tuesday before the event reminder for the 2nd race of the 2023 NHRA season, the FINAL NHRA Arizona Nationals.

nhra.com currently shows the following car counts for the Arizona Nationals this weekend:

• 16 Top Fuel
  • 16 Funny Car
  • 18 Pro Stock
  • Pro Stock Motorcycle will not race at this event
Check your picks to make sure your drivers are racing this weekend. Some of the drivers that competed in the season-opening Gatornationals are not entered in Arizona, and some drivers will be making their season debut here.

Television coverage is scheduled for:

• Friday, March 24 - Q show 1 @ 10:30pm EST (7:30pm PST) on Fox Sports 1
  • Sunday, March 26 - Q show 2 @ 12:00Noon EDT (9:00am PDT) on Fox Sports 1
  • Sunday, March 26 - Finals eliminations at 7:00pm EDT (4:00pm PDT) on Fox Sports 1
The current weather forecast for Chandler, AZ:
  • Friday: 68F high and sunny
  • Saturday: 67F high and sunny
  • Sunday: 64F high and sunny
Good luck all!

Arizona Ill go with
TF Steve Torrence
FC Matt Hagan
PS Erica Enders

@ocdart please change my locked in P/S car pick to Greg Anderson

:thankyou:

good luck everyone

It was fun seeing the new kid win PSM at Gainesville.

Ok, I'll jump in for this week.

TF Mike Slinas
FC Robert Hight
PS Greg Anderson

Good luck all!

Arizona Nationals qualifying leaders:

Q1
Weather: 66F, 29% relative humidity, barometer 30.02, adjusted altitude 1,885', track temp 99F
TF: Doug Kalitta, 3.679; Mike Salinas @ 335.73
FC: Blake Alexander, 3.927 @ 322.50
PS: Cristian Cuadra, 6.552; Matt Hartford @ 211.10

Q2
Weather: 64, 26% relative humidity, barometer 29.97", adjusted altitude 1,780', track temp 120F

FC: Blake Alexander, 3.927 @ 322.50

Q3
Weather: 69F, 21% relative humidity, barometer 29.90", adjusted altitude 2,178', track temp 109F

FC: Bob Tasca III, 3.898 @ 329.50

Congratulations to 'Budnicks' (FBBO) for winning the 2023 season-opening NHRA Gatornationals Top Qualifier title with an oustanding total of 31.5 bonus points. He picked the #1 qualifier in Funny Car, the #2 qualifier in Top Fuel and the #4 qualifier in both Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle. He also picked up 3 bonus points when his Top Fuel qualifier won their first round of the Pep Boys Top Fuel All-Star Callout. Way to go!
'cuda20' (FABO), 'Duster79' (FABO) and 'memkike' (FABO) were right behind with 31.0 bonus points.

More great picks!

* 6 different Top Fuel drivers with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups. There is a possibility of two head-to-head matchups in Round 2 if all four drivers picks survive Round 1.
* 4 different Funny Car drivers with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups. There is a possibility of one head-to-head matchup in Round 2 if both drivers survive Round 1.
* 3 different Pro Stock drivers with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups. There is a possibility of one head-to-head matchup in Round 2 if both drivers survive Round 1.
* 4 different Pro Stock Motorcycle drivers with no Round 1 head-to-head matchups. There is a possibility of one head-to-head matchup in Round 2 if both drivers survive Round 1.

Good luck all!

More great picks!

Good luck all!
Thanks & all :thumbsup:

@ocdart isn't it supposed to be 'Wild Horse Pass'/Pheonix ?
Az. Nationals race now

Auto Transport Service
Back