• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 13th Annual FABO/FBBO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - It's NITRO Burnin' Time!!!

The Legends Nitro FC was pretty cool
only 1,000ft now too, mid 4.50's
some notable old TF & TA racers, Corey McClenathan won it
in a cool 70-73 Firebird bodied car
seen them a bit at the old NHRA Heritage Nostalgia races,
it was a whole 1/4 mile/1320' thou...

my picks didn't do great
Torrence went out 2nd rd
Capps went to the finals, but lost :BangHead:
Anderson went out 1st rd

seemed like a smoke fest, tuners tests
not many cars in T/F or F/C doing full pulls
cool air aided in making good power,
was not a hot track, don't understand why so bad
should've been a better/faster/quiker showing

(track prep ?)

Congratulations to 'Duster79' (FABO) for winning the "Top Picker Eliminator" title for the 3rd event of the 2023 season, 63rd annual Lucas Oil Winternationals, with (let's be honest) an "OK" score of 89.5 points.
He picked the class winner in Funny Car, his Top Fuel pick lost in the semi-final round of eliminations and his and Pro Stock pick lost in the second round of eliminations. He was also helped with Speed bonus points in Top Fuel.
'Back in Time' (FABO) grabbed the runner-up spot with 83.0 points.
'Nick2317' was the best FBBO picker with 64.5 points.

Here's where the bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Justin Ashley, 3.707 during qualifying
Speed - Brittany Force, 334.98 during Round 1 of eliminations

Funny Car
E.T. - Cruz Pedregon, 3.865 during qualifying
Speed - Alexis DeJoria, 333.49 during qualifying

Pro Stock
E.T. - Camrie Caruso, 6.518 during qualifying
Speed - Camrie Caruso, 211.79 during qualifying

Here are the game point standings after the 3rd event of the 2023 season:

237.5 - Outlawd (FBBO) no change in standings
233.5 - Duster79 (FABO) +6
224.5 - Nick2317 (FBBO) -1
221.5 - Back in Time (FABO) +5
211.5 - Budnicks (FBBO) -2

208.0 - Yunick13 (FABO) -1
198.5 - TT5.9mag (FABO) -3
197.0 - cuda20 (FABO) -2
193.0 - ocdart (FABO) +2
172.0 - memike (FABO) -3
161.0 - MomsDuster (FABO) +1
159.0 - johnnycuda (FABO) -2
149.0 - alsant (FBBO) no change
141.0 - 64BEL (FBBO) no change
120.0 - stroked340 (FABO) no change

The 4th race of the 2023 season (and the first of the silliness that are the back-to-back four-wide events), the NHRA Four-Wide Nationals, is scheduled for April 14-16, at The Strip at Las Vegas Speedway in Las Vegas, NV.
As always, your picks need to be posted before Pro Qualifying starts at 2:30pm EDT (11:30am PDT) on Friday, April 14.
nhra.com does not yet show a list of entries for Top Fuel, Funny Car and Pro Stock.

Pro Stock Motorcycle will not compete at this event.

Get your picks posted and GOOD LUCK!

The Legends Nitro FC was pretty cool
only 1,000ft now too, mid 4.50's
some notable old TF & TA racers, Corey McClenathan won it
in a cool 70-73 Firebird bodied car
seen them a bit at the old NHRA Heritage Nostalgia races,
it was a whole 1/4 mile/1320' thou...

I also enjoyed watching the two rounds of Nostalgia FC qualifying on Friday. The older body styles still looked like the production cars they were modeled after. I wouldn't mind one bit if todays Top Fuel and Funny Cars were replaced with nostalgia front-engine dragsters and funny cars complete with the nostalgia engine limits. It would drastically reduce racer costs and cut down on both e.t. and speed. It would also let the racers return to quarter-mile race lengths.
I'm curious what NHRA is going to do when todays Funny Car and Pro Stock body styles are either no longer available (the final Camaro is scheduled to come off the assembly line in January 2024) or the production cars are no longer powered by gasoline. Current Pro Stock rules mandate a body style has a five-year limit.

I also enjoyed watching the two rounds of Nostalgia FC qualifying on Friday. The older body styles still looked like the production cars they were modeled after. I wouldn't mind one bit if todays Top Fuel and Funny Cars were replaced with nostalgia front-engine dragsters and funny cars complete with the nostalgia engine limits. It would drastically reduce racer costs and cut down on both e.t. and speed. It would also let the racers return to quarter-mile race lengths.
I'm curious what NHRA is going to do when todays Funny Car and Pro Stock body styles are either no longer available (the final Camaro is scheduled to come off the assembly line in January 2024) or the production cars are no longer powered by gasoline. Current Pro Stock rules mandate a body style has a five-year limit.
Smiley big green check mark.jpg

Here's your Tuesday before the event reminder for the 4th race of the 2023 NHRA season, the NHRA Four-Wide Nationals at The Strip in Las Vegas, NV.
Again, nhra.com is late on listing the car counts. I'm guessing we may have some short fields again.
I will post professional category car counts as soon as they are available on nhra.com.

Television coverage is scheduled for:

• Friday, April 14 - Q show 1 @ 9:30pm EST (6:30pm PST) on Fox Sports 1
  • Saturday, April 15 - Q show 2 @ 9:30pm EDT (6:30pm PDT) on Fox Sports 1
  • Sunday, April 16 - Finals eliminations at 9:30pm EDT (6:30pm PDT) on Fox Sports 1
The current weather forecast for Las Vegas, NV:
  • Friday: 73F high and sunny
  • Saturday: 79F high and sunny
  • Sunday: 85F high and sunny
Good luck all!

I'll stick with my locked-in picks

good luck everyone

oc lock me in with these for now so I don't have to worry about missing a pick:

TF Mike Salinas
FC Robert Hight
PS Camrie Caruso

Good luck everyone!

Vegas 4 wide pics....I wish they would stop running 4 wides

TF=Austin Prock
FC=Matt Hagan
PS=Erica Enders...I'm not giving up on her yet but she needs to get her **** together soon or I'm ditching her.

Good luck all

Here's your Tuesday before the event reminder for the 4th race of the 2023 NHRA season, the NHRA Four-Wide Nationals at The Strip in Las Vegas, NV.
Again, nhra.com is late on listing the car counts. I'm guessing we may have some short fields again.
I will post professional category car counts as soon as they are available on nhra.com.

Television coverage is scheduled for:

• Friday, April 14 - Q show 1 @ 9:30pm EST (6:30pm PST) on Fox Sports 1
  • Saturday, April 15 - Q show 2 @ 9:30pm EDT (6:30pm PDT) on Fox Sports 1
  • Sunday, April 16 - Finals eliminations at 9:30pm EDT (6:30pm PDT) on Fox Sports 1
The current weather forecast for Las Vegas, NV:
  • Friday: 73F high and sunny
  • Saturday: 79F high and sunny
  • Sunday: 85F high and sunny
Good luck all!

nhra.com finally posted professional class entries today for the Las Vegas Four-Wide event:
  • 15 Top Fuel
  • 19 Funny Car
  • 19 Pro Stock
Pro Stock Motorcycle will not race at this event.
Please check to make sure your picks are entered.

Las Vegas Four-Wide qualifying leaders:

Q1

Weather: 69F, 14% relative humidity, barometer 29.80, adjusted altitude 3,288', track temp n/a
TF: Steve Torrence, 3.712; Brittany Force @ 330.55
FC: Cruz Pedregon, 3.910; Robert Hight @ 330.23
PS: Dallas Glenn, 6.633; Erica Enders @ 207.02

Q2
Weather: 76F, 10% relative humidity, barometer 29.78, adjusted altitude 3,696', track temp 128F
TF: Brittany Force, 3.697 @ 335.73
PS: Dallas Glenn, 6.629; Troy Coughlin Jr. @ 207.11

Q3
Weather: 72F, 11% relative humidity, barometer 30.10, adjusted altitude 3,130', track temp 111F
PS: Matt Hartford, 6.599; Troy Coughlin Jr. @ 207.11

Q4
Weather: 69F, 11% relative humidity, barometer 30.12, adjusted altitude 2,903', track temp 123F
PS: Matt Hartford, 6.599; Troy Coughlin Jr. @ 207.11

Last edited:
Congratulations to both 'Back in Time' (FABO) and 'Yunick13' (FABO) for sharing the 4th event of the 2023 NHRA season Four-Wide Nationals Top Qualifier title with a very nice total of 21.5 bonus points each. 'Back in Time' picked the #1 qualifier in Top Fuel, the #3 qualifier in Funny Car and the #4 qualifier in Pro Stock. 'Yunick13' picked the #1 qualifier in Pro Stock, the #3 qualifier in Funny Car and the #4 qualifier in Top Fuel. Way to go!
'memike' (FBBO) was right behind with 21.0 bonus points.
'Budnicks' was the highest FBBO qualifier with 20.0 bonus points.

More great picks!

We have 15 players again this week and 13 different driver combos made up of:
* 6 different Top Fuel drivers with two Round 1 'quads' with two picked drivers involved. One 'quad' with both #4 qualifier Justin Ashley (1 pick) and #12 qualifier Austin Prock (1 pick); another 'quad' with both #3 qualifier Mike Salinas (2 picks) and #11 qualifier Clay Millican (1 pick).
* 4 different Funny Car drivers with one Round 1 'quad' with two picked drivers involved: #3 qualifier Matt Hagan (10 picks) and #6 qualifier Robert Hight (1 pick).
* 5 different Pro Stock drivers with two Round 1 'quads' with multiple picked drivers involved. One 'quad' with ! qualifier Matt Hartford (1 pick), #8 qualifier Camrie Caruso (3 picks) and #9 qualifier Erica Enders (5 picks); the other 'quad' with #4 qualifier Troy Coughlin Jr. (1 pick) and % qualifier Greg Anderson (5 picks).
* Pro Stock Motorcycle is not competing at this event

Good luck all!

I didn't get to see any of it, my cable tv service is f--ked up
since Apr. 8th
(I'm pissed to say the least supposed to be resolved tomorrow)
saw a few of the highlights on NHRA.com

I either qualify 'pick' well or race 'picks' do well,
but not both :BangHead:

Tony Stewart won his 1st Wally AA/D top alcohol class

Nice job Bud !

I really don’t like 4-wide , I think it’s more of a gimmick
me too

I use to sort of liked it, at 1st
not so much now

now it seems like smoke-fest for most the fuel cars
or Pro-mod or T/A
1 lane of 4 sometimes 2 of 4, unless it's a N/A cars
&/or confusion at the staging etc.

Last edited:
Congratulations to 'Back in Time' (FABO) for winning the "Top Picker Eliminator" title for the 4th event of the 2023 season, the 13th annual NHRA Four-Wide Nationals, with a very nice total of 114.5 points.
His Top Fuel pick won the 1st and 2nd round Quads and came in third in the Final Quad. His Funny Car pick won all three Quads. His Pro Stock pick won the 1st and 2nd round Quads and came in second in the Final Quad. He was also helped with both ET and Speed bonus points in Top Fuel, and with Speed bonus points in Pro Stock.
'cuda20' (FABO), 'Duster79' (FABO) and 'Nick2317' FBBO shared the runner-up spot with 87.0 points each.

Here's where the ET and Speed bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Brittany Force, 3.697 during qualifying
Speed - Brittany Force, 335.73 during qualifying

Funny Car
E.T. - Cruz Pedregon, 3.910 during qualifying
Speed - Robert Hight, 330.23 during qualifying

Pro Stock
E.T. - Matt Hartford, 6.599 during qualifying
Speed - Troy Coughln Jr., 207.59 during Round 1 of eliminations

Here are the game point standings after the 4th event of the 2023 season:

320.5 - Duster79 (FABO) +1 change in standings
311.5 - Nick2317 (FBBO) +1
308.5 - Back in Time (FABO) +1
286.0 - Outlawd (FBBO) -3
284.0 - cuda20 (FABO) +3
274.5 - Yunick13 (FABO) no change
256.0 - memike (FABO) +3
252.0 - TT5.9mag (FABO) -1
246.5 - Budnicks (FBBO) -4
229.0 - johnnycuda (FABO) +2
221.0 - ocdart (FABO) -2
213.0 - alsant (FBBO) +1
210.0 - MomsDuster (FABO) -2
185.5 - stroked340 (FABO) +1
173.0 - 64BEL (FBBO) -1

The 5th race of the 2023 season (and the LAST of the silliness that are the back-to-back four-wide events), the Circle K NHRA Four-Wide Nationals, is scheduled for April 28-30, at zMAX Dragway in Concord, NC.
As always, your picks need to be posted before Pro Qualifying starts at 4:00pm EDT (1:00pm PDT) on Friday, April 28.
nhra.com currently shows the following entry counts:
16 Top Fuel
16 Funny Car
16 Pro Stock
17 Pro Stock Motorcycle
Those counts can always change so please keep checking to make sure your driver selections are competing in this event.

Get your picks posted and GOOD LUCK!

Nice job, Nick!

Ahhhh....I'm back where I belong. :rolleyes:

Nice job/picks Nick :thumbsup:

I went down -4 places :BangHead:

Auto Transport Service
Back