• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 13th Annual FABO/FBBO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - It's NITRO Burnin' Time!!!

wow actual full fields, finally
with 16 or more in each of "all" the pro categories

The current weather forecast for Epping, NH: (???)
  • Friday: 40% chance of rain between 4-7PM so Friday qualifying may be late into the night
  • Saturday: 809F high, mostly cloudy
  • Sunday: 84F high and mostly sunny
Good luck all!
809*f that'll be a hot mo-fo :poke:
in Epping NH :lol:

sorry, I'm a lil' bored
Norwalk, Ohio

Norwalk I got

TF Steve torrence
FC Hagan
PS Enders
PSm Matt smith

Summit Racing Equipment Nationals qualifying leaders:

Q1
Weather: 67F, 90% relative humidity, barometer 29.91", adjusted altitude 2,236', track temp 79F
TF: Leah Pruett, 3.684 @ 333.08
FC: Ron Capps, 3.898 @ 331.28
PS: Mother Nature, rain
PSM: Mother Nature, rain

Q2 (Top Fuel and Funny Car) / Q1 (Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle)
Weather: 76F, 67% relative humidity, barometer 29.91", adjusted altitude 2,813', track temp 107F
FC: Bob Tasca III, 3.884; Ron Capps @ 331.28
PS: Troy Coughlin Jr. , 6.595; Fernando Cuadra @ 207.75
PSM: Matt Smith, 6.807 @ 198.93

Q3 (Top Fuel and Funny Car) / Q2 (Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle)
Weather: n/a
FC: Bob Tasca III, 3.884; Ron Capps @ 331.28
PS: Matt Hartford, 6.593; Bo Butner III @ 207.85

PSM: Gaige Herrera, 6.785; Matt Smith @ 199.17

Last edited:
I apologize for the delay in posting qualifying results from the Summit Racing Nationals at Norwalk. The qualifying results posted on nhra.com were incorrect and I had to go to a couple of alternate sources to get and verify correct qualifying results.

Congratulations to 'Nick2317' (FBBO) for winning the 9th event of the 2023 NHRA season Summit Racing Equipment Nationals Top Qualifier title with an outstanding total of 29.5 bonus points. He picked the #2 qualifiers in Top Fuel, Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle, and the #3 qualifier in Funny Car. Way to go!

'Duster79' (FABO) was right behind with 29.0 bonus points.

More great picks!

We have 15 players again this week and 14 different driver combos made up of:
* 7 different Top Fuel drivers with one Round 1 head-to-head matchup between #7 qualifier Justin Ashley (5 picks) and #10 qualifier Clay Millican (1 pick). There is a possibility of two head-to-head matchups in Round 2 if the drivers survive Round 1.
* 5 different Funny Car drivers. There is a possibility of two head-to-head matchups 2nd round of eliminations if all drivers survive Round 1.
* 6 different Pro Stock drivers with one Round 1 head-to-head matchup between #8 qualifier Deric Kramer (1 pick) and #9 qualifier Camrie Caruso (1 pick). There is also a possible head-to-head matchup in Round 2.
* 4 different Pro Stock Motorcycle drivers. The first possible head-to-head matchup is in Round 2 of eliminations.

Good luck all!

I apologize for the delay in posting qualifying results from the Summit Racing Nationals at Norwalk. The qualifying results posted on nhra.com were incorrect and I had to go to a couple of alternate sources to get and verify correct qualifying results.

Congratulations to 'Nick2317' (FBBO) for winning the 9th event of the 2023 NHRA season Summit Racing Equipment Nationals Top Qualifier title with an outstanding total of 29.5 bonus points. He picked the #2 qualifiers in Top Fuel, Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle, and the #3 qualifier in Funny Car. Way to go!

'Duster79' (FABO) was right behind with 29.0 bonus points.

More great picks!

We have 15 players again this week and 14 different driver combos made up of:
* 7 different Top Fuel drivers with one Round 1 head-to-head matchup between #7 qualifier Justin Ashley (5 picks) and #10 qualifier Clay Millican (1 pick). There is a possibility of two head-to-head matchups in Round 2 if the drivers survive Round 1.
* 5 different Funny Car drivers. There is a possibility of two head-to-head matchups 2nd round of eliminations if all drivers survive Round 1.
* 6 different Pro Stock drivers with one Round 1 head-to-head matchup between #8 qualifier Deric Kramer (1 pick) and #9 qualifier Camrie Caruso (1 pick). There is also a possible head-to-head matchup in Round 2.
* 4 different Pro Stock Motorcycle drivers. The first possible head-to-head matchup is in Round 2 of eliminations.

Good luck all!
no biggy

Guy looking at watch - honey I shrunk the kids.gif

or

Patiently waiting tapping fingers - Lt. Cruso Pink Panther.gif
Just kidding

Congratulations to 'alsant' (FBBO) for winning the Summit Racing Equipment Nationals "Top Picker Eliminator" title with a very nice total of 128.5 points. His Top Fuel, Funny Car and Pro Stock picks all lost in the final round of eliminations; his Pro Stock Motorcycle pick lost in the second round of eliminations. He was also helped with Speed bonus points in Pro Stock Motorcycle.
'Duster79' (FABO) got the runner-up spot with 114.0 points.
A funny thing this race: NOBODY picked a class winner in either Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock or Pro Stock Motorcycle.

Here's where the ET and Speed bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Leah Pruett, 3.684 during qualifying
Speed - Brittany Force, 333.58 during Round 2 of eliminations

Funny Car
E.T. - Bob Tasca III, 3.884 during qualifying
Speed - Robert Capps, 331.28 during qualifying

Pro Stock
E.T. - Matt Hartford, 6.593 during qualifying
Speed - Erica Enders, 208.36 during qualifying

Pro Stock Motorcycle
E.T. - Gaige Herrera, 6.777 during Round 1 of eliminations
Speed - Eddie Krawiec, 200.98 during Round 1 of eliminations

Here are the game point standings after the 9th event of the 2023 season:

800.5 - TT5.9mag (FABO) no change in standings
743.5 - Back in Time (FABO) no change
710.0 - Yunick13 (FABO) +1
6885 - ocdart (FABO) -1
674.5 - Duster79 (FABO) no change
651.0 - Outlawd (FBBO) no change
649.0 - Budnicks (FBBO) no change
646.0 - Nick2317 (FBBO) no change
603.0 - cuda20 (FABO) no change
596.5 - johnnycuda (FABO) no change
588.5 - 64BEL (FBBO) no change
568.0 - alsant (FBBO) +1
565.0 - memike (FABO) -1
514.0 - MomsDuster (FABO) no change
480.5 - stroked340 (FABO) no change

We get the next couple of weekends off before the 10th race of the 2023 season, the final Dodge Power Brokers Mile-High NHRA Nationals at Bandimere Speedway kicks off three consecutive weekends of racing known as the "Western Swing". The Mile-High Nationals are scheduled for July 14-16 in Morrison, CO.

As always, your picks need to be posted before Pro Qualifying starts at 5:30pm EDT (2:30pm PDT) on Friday, July 14.
nhra.com currently shows the following entry counts:
16 Top Fuel
15 Funny Car
16 Pro Stock
14 Pro Stock Motorcycle

Those counts can always change so please keep checking to make sure your driver selections are competing in this event.

Get your picks posted and GOOD LUCK!

@ocdart
please change my
Top Fuel locked in Pick to Steve Torrance for the race/s
the rest are OK

Thanks

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Sorry to hear that this is it for Denver. We always wanted to travel out there for a race. Now that daughter lives within an hour of it, we were going to go one of these years. Can't make it this year, so we're out of luck.

OOPS!
I forgot to post the "Tuesday Before The Event' reminder about the Dodge Power Brokers Mile-High Nationals that start tomorrow, Friday, July 14.
The nhra.com website shows the following entry counts:
16 Top Fuel
14 Funny Car
16 Pro Stock
13 Pro Stock Motorcycle
Your picks need to be posted before Pro Qualifying starts at 5:30pm EDT (2:30pm PDT) on Friday, July 14.

Please check to make sure your driver selections are competing in this event.

Get your picks posted and GOOD LUCK!

great news, hope it all works out well :thumbsup:
I wonder who the property owner is ?, it's not the Bandimere's
I assume that they will build & run it
just says in new owner is in the automotive business,
It'll be a big facility 1,100+ acres by Denver AP
dragstrip & possibly a gocart track & road course too
no more parking issues, brand new facilities,
by 2025 it says

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back