• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

24 spline conversion question (making sure i grabbed the right parts)

icetech

Local time
12:18 AM
Reaction score
So i found a mid 70s 727 to scavenge from and grabbed the pump, input shaft and front 2 drums (can never remember which is the direct and forward) Just want to make sure that's all i need to convert to 24 spline? I don't think there is anything else worth swapping from the newer trans...

My other question is, in the pic beloew the drum the input shaft is in, on the 62 it a 3 friction, on the newer one it's a 4 friction, any reason to not swap it out? (The one with the little hand pointing, not the arrow... not my pic..)
Thanks guys..

And now to find a converter! :)
1693224082789.png

I think you are good to use both Front and Rear clutch retainers with their original, matching pump assembly. I assume you will be inspecting and resealing every thing and don't forget to set the correct endplay to spec.
Mike

I think you are good to use both Front and Rear clutch retainers with their original, matching pump assembly. I assume you will be inspecting and resealing every thing and don't forget to set the correct endplay to spec.
Mike
Yup, just ordered a full rebuild kit from A&A with thin frictions so i can fit more, and a billet rear servo piston.. last time i did a tf2 with a manual valve body that piston broke and it sucked.. rather not do it again :)

Auto Transport Service
Back