• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2822963 2 speed wiper motor bench testing

BBrunner

Local time
5:57 AM
Reaction score
I am looking for some bench testing info for a 1967 Plymouth GTX 2822963 3 wire 2 speed wiper motor. There is no park operation. The wiper switch tested fine & is supplying power to the blue park switch wire in the off position. Mechanically the park switch is not broken & the contacts are clean with no voltage drop. I have a park bench test procedure I got years back from Kim at Passion for a 69 4 wire but I noticed she is not around anymore? Any test procedures would be appreciated. Thank you.

2822963 Wiper motor 2 speed.jpg

Won't "park" unless the instrument cluster switch case is grounded if you're playing with the entire system.

Won't "park" unless the instrument cluster switch case is grounded if you're playing with the entire system.
Grounds are great. Thanks though. Past switch tests and ground checks. I’m pretty sure when the blue wire is hot the motor should reverse and slide the cam in the park switch to open the contacts. Motor doesn’t reverse when blue has battery voltage so that’s why I am looking for a proper park bench test. Thanks.

Grounds are great. Thanks though. Past switch tests and ground checks. I’m pretty sure when the blue wire is hot the motor should reverse and slide the cam in the park switch to open the contacts. Motor doesn’t reverse when blue has battery voltage so that’s why I am looking for a proper park bench test. Thanks.
Service Manuals – MyMopar

The service manual on MyMopar is no different than the original one I have. If anyone has a park bench test out there & I would love to see it. Thanks

IIRC, there's a contactor inside the gear box. Have you had the cover off to see if they are good and not burnt? My 66 V-speed motor looks very similar to yours except for the two connectors on yours are closer together and the cover is plastic and mine is metal. Been many years since I was inside of mine but it was my first time to ever open one up. IIRC, all I did was clean the contacts and they parked.

Auto Transport Service
Back