• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd time around, 45 years later.

Rennkafer

Local time
4:58 PM
Reaction score
My first car was a '72 big block Coronet ex-Sheriffs dept patrol car when I was in HS (a lonnnnnnng time ago). Parent's had title to it since it was purchased before I was 18, wouldn't sell it to me when I turned 18, then traded it in on my little brothers first car (to this day, the slowest car I've ever driven... can't say my parents don't learn from their mistakes :D ).

Me at 17... circa 1978

20359_1277260665627_773381_n.jpg

Fast forward to today, I've been sort of low-key looking for another Coronet for maybe the last 10-15 years but they're always either too far away or too expensive. Looking through Facebook Marketplace last Tuesday, in the space of 4 hours not just one but two Coronets came up reasonably locally and at decent prices. Seemed like a sign to me, so I went, I looked, I bought. Now the proud owner of a '71 Coronet, 318 rather than the 400 in my old one but for cruising around to shows and runs it will do fine (for now). Came from a wrecking yard who bought it at auction to sell complete. From looking it over, I'd guess it was someone's grandpa's car that got parked a while back. Reasonably straight and rust free, little bit of love needed on the rear window corners and some minor dents at the front/rear drivers corners but that won't be too difficult to deal with.

Anyone from Washington state here? I'm out in Kitsap County.

20230722_115250.jpg

20230723_183137.jpg

Welcome to the site!! Yeah, my dad did some dumb stuff trying to steer me away from cars in general. Funny how he poured a bunch of money into a 1 1/2 hp horizontal shaft motor for a go cart after I told him it wasn't worth it. Had a trash dump motor on it within days after he gave up on the 'dumb' motor and a couple of days later had it running good. At least he bought me a go cart lol

Welcome from NY! Great story and glad to hear you’re back in the game!
:thumbsup:

Welcome from Alabama, first impressions always come back.

Welcome, my parents owned a 71 Coronet back in 1974 that I learned to drive in, still have fond memories of it. That car looks like it's in great shape!

Welcome from the central coast of Cal.

View attachment 1499227
Use to walk West Beach in Galveston....was actually out of the city limits and it was like this pic. Could drive it doing as fast as you could dare or just walk it. Miss those days. Don't even bother going there anymore. :(

Welcome to FBBO

Auto Transport Service
Back