• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 point seatbelt installation help

Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
I’m looking for help on how to install 3 point seatbelts in my 68 GTX. Any help would greatly appreciated. If you instructions or a video to post I’d really appreciate any and all help. It’s my last step before it’s road ready
Thank You

IMG_3423.jpeg

IMG_3422.jpeg

IMG_3421.jpeg

Hello BRYCE, best thing to do is type " 3 point seat belts" in the search box in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and there are many threads there to get you some help. Good luck.

I am doing 3 point conversion for my 68 ht satellite. What i am gonna do is mount the shoulder loop in the corner of door jamb. I didnt want to install it into the roof rail. Picture where it will bolt to:
IMG-20240210-WA0004.jpeg

This will require reassembling the retractor and welding the shoulder loop shorter. This mounting placement will tilt the shoulder belt downwards so in case of accident it will break your collar bone/shoulder most likely..

However this seems to be only place to get bolt thru in hardtop in a somewhat structural place if not using the factory roof mounting location. In 68 most likely there is no factory nut ready in the roof structure so you will need to replace headliner if you want to use that mounting..

Thanks for you help. I really appreciate you taking the time to offer the suggestion

Auto Transport Service
Back