• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

318 fuel pump

Johnny Z

Local time
7:35 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if i need to change my stock two barrell mechanical fuel pump, to one for a rour barrel? On ocasion while driving @45 mph my 67 charger with a 318 and 4 barrel (Edelbrok AFB) starts running rough, as if no fuel. As i let up on the gas for a few seconds and coast, it seems to clear itself or refill and run fine there after. I also have a fuel pressure regulator before the carb. Could it be related to rubber fuel line cavitation? Any thoughts would be apprecated.

No need to change

Fuel pickup sock in the tank is clogged. Or possibly just the inline filter. Have you checked the filter? I had a similar problem on my car, and found the fuel filter full of trash....

I agree, fuel filters clog easily these days with crap gas. I have one at the tank and one at the engine on my cars.
They are inexpensive compared to the hassle, change them.
And I am no expert but I question the need for a regulator as well?

Auto Transport Service
Back