• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

318 Poly in a 1970?

Joe Jacalone

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
There is a 1970 Satellite for sale here on the forum and in the listing it says the original engine was a 318 Poly. I thought they went out in the mid-sixties.

There is a 1970 Satellite for sale here on the forum and in the listing it says the original engine was a 318 Poly. I thought they went out in the mid-sixties.
Yep, it could have a Poly but it's not original.

Is it really a 318 "poly"? Check it out. Probably a 318LA from the factory. Most people don't know much about Mopars, and just throw out names they have heard. I had a guy try to sell me a Barracuda once with a Hemi. Went to check it out and found him excited to show me his rare 273 Hemi! And, I can't even count the number of times I have been told a car has the "big block 318"... LOL

For US production yes.
Had a thread a few months ago about a friend of mine bought a 67 Coronet 440 built for US sale, local car since new with build sheet that came with the hydraulic cam poly.
20210711_203512.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back