• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

318 to 440 67 Satellite

woodwalker77

Local time
7:07 PM
Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to this forum so if this question has already been asked I apologize. I am looking to change my orignal 318 in my 67 Satellite to a 440. I have a small block 727 in the car with a column shift, what changes am I going to have to do to this car to make the change, I now I have to change the tranny, but what do I need to do in terms of suspension, motor mounts, etc... Thanks guys.

I have a 69 satellite,If everything is similar on your car you will need new motor mounts,your k frame should be the same.Big block trans,shorter driveshaft,new radiator,probably a new trans slip yolk, and what rear end do you have? This forum is awesome and these guys have held my hand through this whole rebuild,I am a beginner to and have asked all these same questions,look around and do your home work, you can find everything you need after market or o.e.m. how good of shape is that trans in? I might have it sold for you if you need $$ towards another trans, my best friend has a small block challenger,needs a 727.

You won't need to change the mounts themselves, but you'll need the plates that bolt to the motor and to the rubber. Trans mount should be the same also, assuming you really had a small block 727 in there. Drive shaft should stay the same length as well.

So you'll need the motor and trans, plates, exhaust, and stretch the wires for your distributor and coil. Might need to swap your radiator too

The rearend is a 391 suregrip in a 742 case. The tranny I am going to keep for another project though. If your buddy is in need of a 727, he can check the Arizona craigs list in the Phoenix area I have seen a half dozen or so for sale in the area. Thank alot.

Auto Transport Service
Back