• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

33yo LASD officer dies in a 1965 427 Cobra

BB14404SPD

Local time
2:28 AM
Reaction score
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/l-...o-left-another-person-injured-in-temple-city/

Sad he lost his life. Speed kills, this happened close to to where I live.

snapshot-9-1.jpg

Never drive a car that’s faster than your brain can think!

You have to respect the power in your hands. As a long time hotrodder and Mopar freak, I know this all to well. I have seen multiple friends die, from doing foolish crap. There is literally no place for this on the street anymore.

that car got torn up,sad to hear he died.

At least he didn't kill his passenger too.
(My grandparents had a house in Temple city, and I have a house about ten minutes from the scene.)
I'm sure it was a cobra replica, but some of them can be fatally fast too.

To bad about the guy getting killed. Looked like a replica could see torn fiberglass. No seat belt?

I have a Cobra replica and I wouldn’t drive it out of the driveway without the seat belt and shoulder harnesses secured. Your *** is wrapped in fiberglass, the steering column is like any pre-67 column and the windshield header and visor hardware brackets are just right there to permanently tattoo your forehead, if not grey matter. When driving it in traffic paranoia runs deep.

Sad he died
& someone else was injured too

RIP Cobra dude

in that kind of car
you better be a truly defensive driver
no low-performance drivers/no driven Ivans should be allowed

Sad to hear.
And im not insinuating its the case here.
But ......all to many times it comes back to low performance drivers in high performance cars.

Ive riden in a small block powered cobra kit car. (351 and a 5spd )
Stupid fast is an understatement .

It’s basically a go kart with 500HP.

What could go wrong?

"The one-vehicle collision happened around 2:20 a.m..."
I don't know, mind you....but I'm betting this is telling...

Sad.

Hellcat. Higher survivability rate. Geezers and others walking away from horrific crashes. Buckle up and don’t involve others.

You have to respect the power in your hands. As a long time hotrodder and Mopar freak, I know this all to well. I have seen multiple friends die, from doing foolish crap. There is literally no place for this on the street anymore.
Never was a place on the street even back in the 60's. There were several guys from school that their dad's got them cars that were over their heads and got them 6 foot under.....

It can happen fast !
Even the best drivers can make mistakes.
R.I.P.
Hope the lady recovers fully.

I worked with his Dad, who passed away from cancer a couple of years ago. I'm sad for his Mom, losing a husband and then a son, I'm not sure how you recover from that. RIP

What can a person say about driving a car that can kill you, we all do. I'm sorry for the loss, R.I.P.

The video shows his body halfway across the street. No seatbelt?

Auto Transport Service
Back