• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3690201 tach drive distributor

I have the same distributor on my car. Where should I set the timing? When checking it it’s set at 0degrees and revving it up it does not change like a vacuum advance does. I messed with it a bit and set it to 6-8 degrees advanced with little change other than it seems to start better when hot.

Mine is locked out, in other words no advance. I found out by mistake. I assumed it was a "normal" advancing unit. I have it at 32 at idle now which is the total.
I'm kind of surprised that with that much initial timing it has no ill effect on cranking

Mine is locked out, in other words no advance. I found out by mistake. I assumed it was a "normal" advancing unit. I have it at 32 at idle now which is the total.
I'm kind of surprised that with that much initial timing it has no ill effect on cranking
I still have the curve in mine. Basically it's there to ease starting, it is at full advance at idle speed.

I guess you cannot see a cable operated speedometer/ odometer either?? Or a weed wacker..Same principle..
BOB RENTON

I will not install a cable from the engine bay to dash just for a cable operated tach, that's what I can't see. Two choke cables is enough clutter

I have the tach drive distributor as well, used it for many years. 3690201. Now I'm trying to find a cap and rotor set with HEI terminals like an MSD uses. No luck yet.

Auto Transport Service
Back