• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NO, 440 is an RB block along with 413 and 426 WEDGE.
383's are low deck, or B series
What will work are 361, 383, and 400's

I'm extremely old school.......
But after 40+ years of monkeying with 383's, my personal preference (here starts the debates) for a mild build are:
Weiand 8008 and a vac secondary Holley for street applications. I've owned just about every variation of both dual and single plane manifolds, and most carb variation also. IMHO, the closer to a stock build, Edelbrock is a very good choice also.

I'm extremely old school.......
But after 40+ years of monkeying with 383's, my personal preference (here starts the debates) for a mild build are:
Weiand 8008 and a vac secondary Holley for street applications. I've owned just about every variation of both dual and single plane manifolds, and most carb variation also. IMHO, the closer to a stock build, Edelbrock is a very good choice also.
Thanks moparwacko, have owned dozens of dodges over the years but this is only the second big block first was a 65 chrysler new yorker with 413 2 bbl,back in the day,but never got into doing any modifications just kept them stock. this will be my first kick at the cat and will be keeping the 66 charger completely stock,matching numbers,just thought i would give this one a little more snap.
Thanks again Bruce.

Auto Transport Service
Back