• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 4 door "done"and ready to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

drpreposterous

Local time
6:46 AM
Reaction score
I want to buy your B-body...
Yeah, I'm serious. My last college student kid graduates May 1 and I've been saving! The one I will want to spring for likely (but not absolutely) will be a:
  • 4-door
  • Clear #2 or #3 (see reference from link): Essentially, a "done" or close to it.
Condition reference:
http://www.collectorcarmarket.com/adv/prcpgs/condguide.html

While I won't be ready to open the wallet till April (maybe a few weeks earlier), I don't think it'll hurt to start the conversation now, while, hopefully, your B is safe from Mickey and Minnie's family and the County Salt Monsters. Now, those things said, I'm not overly fussy:
  • Originiality: Not numbers matching? Not concerned. Upgraded to disc brakes and threw in Sebring buckets? Fine. Long as it's done well. Not a fan of 24-inch wheels or flames on the hood, though.
  • Drivetrain: Love the slants, the small and the big blocks. Hey, they're all Mopar! Just need it to run well. Comfortable with a 3-tree or Torqueflite.
  • The year/model: Yes, like you, I have favorites. But I can appreciate a humble '63 /Six Savoy 4 door as readily as I do a '70 Coronet sedan with a 383 or a '78 Magnum.
However, the only 2 doors I am likely to find in my budget are unlikely to be in #2 or #3 territory. If I want a "done," or close to it, I'll probably have to go for a more door. And I'm okay with that. And though I fall solidly into the fan category of "check writer" (at least for now), I've learned that VMR does as fair as a job as anyone (and much better than Hagerty or NADA) at sizing up the market. Check out the link and the example.

http://www.collectorcarmarket.com/makes.html

KRCSWr2_-_Imgur.jpg

My promise to you? No big games or insulting low-ball offers. I'm not planning on rodding it nor passing off your hard work as my own at a show. Just to enjoy it as it is.
Naturally, build threads, underbody pix and receipts would be welcome.
Please feel free to PM me or just reply in this thread with what you're thinking of moving...and thanks for your sweat equity!

Brian
Mr. Helpless Wrench, but Charge Nurse extraordinaire and cherisher of all things Mopar!

Last edited:
excuse the intrusion, how do you read that table?
example 4dr sedan # 1 7900, I do not understand there is not a legend.

values according to condition with a 1 being a concours show car. Supposed to be average value based on current market.

I like that guide as well.

How far is your range?

There are a couple decent 4 doors on CL down here.

I should have clarified--apologies. The first link, condition reference, spells this out.

FL isn't too far for a good one! Which CL are you by? (and thanks for scouting!).

Dang, there was an original, unmolested 69 Coronet 4D with what looked like original paint. Very straight and solid looking. 318 A/C.

Of course I can't find it now. 5K IIRC.

Dang, there was an original, unmolested 69 Coronet 4D with what looked like original paint. Very straight and solid looking. 318 A/C.

Of course I can't find it now. 5K IIRC.
Saw it, then gone...but thanks! Still looking...

Look in the Michigan Craigslist for the are of "The Thumb" there is a pretty nice looking 1965 Belvedere II four door sedan that might be just what you are looking for. Good Luck with your search.

Hey drpreposterous, this looks like the deal you've been looking for bro!
It really does! I just wish I were ready to pull the trigger right now. But my brother's Vette is in my garage till April, and my daughter graduates right then. That's when I figure to move.

It really does! I just wish I were ready to pull the trigger right now. But my brother's Vette is in my garage till April, and my daughter graduates right then. That's when I figure to move.
That ebay '62 just killed me! That was one helluva car for the money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back