• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 post hydro leak

Rjvb3

Local time
7:36 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I was raising my lift last night and got a pretty substantial hydro leak from the cylinder. It's a direct lift pro park 8. The odd thing is that the leak is coming from the very back of the cylinder and the only hydraulic hose connects at the front where the piston extends/contracts. I can't see the top of it with it installed even with a mirror. Anyone have any experience with a similar issue? I know I'll have to drop the cylinder but before I tear it all apart I figured I'd ask. Hoping there is a hidden plug or something up there that just loosened up and it's not a crack.
-Rick

PXL_20210802_011546668.jpg
PXL_20210802_011636477.jpg

I think I spotted the problem:lol:
16279083691445228432983769822304~2.jpg

Can you take a picture from further back, can't really make out what I'm looking at? My guess just by that picture is you have a bad weld or there is a fitting of some sort above that's leaking.

Last edited:
When this happened, were you raising the lift higher than you normally do?

Ill try and get another later. The picture is the bottom of the ramp where the rear of the cylinder mounts to the ramp. When it started leaking it was only about midway up when it started.

Auto Transport Service
Back