• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 speed hump pic ?

SPEEDYRT1

Local time
9:28 AM
Reaction score
hey ; does any body have a pic of the 4-speed hump area , with out the carpet ? is it spot welded or fully welded to the floor , 65 b-body ? going from 3 on tree , 2 a , 4 on the floor Thanks ! ! !

Just a thought if you're going to install one maybe you might want to screw it down so you can remove it if you need to remove the tranny or get to the shifter linkage

same deal. I welded mine, 1" beads a couple inches apart from the top. the key is to make sure you cut out enough of the tunnel to give clearance. being able to pull the hump is a good idea if you dont mind the screws sticking out under the car.

Attachments

• 1st phase2408.jpg
    1st phase2408.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 469
Use the metal 4 speed hump, Not fiberglass. Mark the outline of your new hump on your floor, and trim back your old floor about 1" inside your outline. That gives more shifter-tranny room underneath and takes away a large area that dirt- debris could trap. I caulked around the 4 speed hump from underneath to keep water out............................MO

After welding in the hump, how do you remove the console brackets without destroying them if converting from a console auto to a non-console 4 speed?

Auto Transport Service
Back