• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4-Speed Hump ???

OldRunner

Local time
7:48 AM
Reaction score
Hello I am converting a 68 Coronet from auto to manual with console. When I weld in the 4-speed Tunnel Hump, do you cut away the exsisting floor under the hump or do you leave as it is, I am sure the floor is cut, but not sure how much ?

Thanks

Take your new hump and place it on the floorpan on it's final location and with a sharpee reach in through the hole on top and trace around the inside of the hump, then remove and cut along the lines. They were done rough when they were built new, at least mine was. I've got some pics posted in my resto thread but not sure if I took one of the hole I cut without the hump in place.

Now that I have the whole cut , my next question is the brackets for the console. From what I can see the front and the back brackets are the same as the Auto ? and the center looks like a duplicate of the back bracket. Can anyone confirm this and also if the location of the front and back brackets are the same for both the auto and manual console.

Thanks

hump

Heres a pic if it helps any.

Attachments

• SANY2325.JPG
    SANY2325.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 666
Thanks for pics, they are a lot better then line drawings in the manual.

Auto Transport Service
Back